Hands on hatching and help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, Feb 11, 2016.

1. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    I knew you could do it, you just needed eggs that didn't have major damage. So glad it's going better for you. [​IMG] for the others.

2. arr36

arr36 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2016
    My squashed one looked worse this morning - more squashed and not truly hatched at all, still most of the eggs around it. Still just moving though. So I've brought it in and taken the egg off. It's just lying there breathing very slowly so I'm not hopeful :(

3. arr36

arr36 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2016
    [​IMG]

Well he's still here. He's looking a little tiny bit better but we have a long way to go.... He stands up occasionally and I've seen him open his eyes briefly and I just got a teeny tiny cheep when I tapped on the incubator. If he perks up, which would be a miracle, I'll try him back under mummy tonight.

1 person likes this.
  4. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Have you tried to give him a little sugar water or, even better if you have it available, Nutri-drench? And sometimes a shot of baby vitamins, the Poly-Vi-Sorb WITHOUT iron, can help too. Good luck with him!

5. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

Awww! I agree with Blooie, give it a little vitamins. Amazing how resilient they can be!

6. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Lol. I was at a wedding and had 2 glasses of champagne and I never drink either! Glad you're having fun!!

That is so cute that she said that!! I'm so happy for you guys, Blooie. I was really hoping you would have a good hatch! :hugs

Can you get him to drink some sav-a-chick?

7. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    I can't drink champagne. Yuck....lol When I was younger....lol.....I was a shots/mixed drink person. But I've never been a big drinker. Go out have a drink watch all my coworkers get buzzed and act like fools till the bar closed and then go to breakfast...lol

1 person likes this.
  8. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Well, the chicks are doing good. Brought them to camp with me for the weekend!
    And the little star gazer healed up perfectly! She's the dark black one with the darkest beak, no head dot. Thanks @RavynFallen ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. arr36

arr36 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2016
    Thanks for the responses. We don't have any vitamin type stuff :( which is super annoying, I forgot to pick it up at the country store the other day when I was there.

He continues to make some progress. He's mostly standing now when he's awake and has been bopping around the eggs in the incubator. He took a little bit of water too. Keep sending us your prayers!!

10. arr36

arr36 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2016
    [​IMG]

Hanging out with Serama eggs and eggs from my favourite layer who got taken by the fox yesterday :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by