Hands on hatching and help

I wanted to share this because it's kinda cool. I've been dealing with two malpo'd AC chicks. One hatched on its own, the other hadn't hatched, and all the rest of the chicks had, so I decided to see what was up.

As I opened the egg, I applied coconut oil to the membrane. And the membrane turned glass clear. Check this out:

Very cool. And if you look you can even see the tiny bit of yolk it still had left to absorb. I of course put it back in the 'bator after this to let it finish up absorbing.

I wanted to share this because it's kinda cool. I've been dealing with two malpo'd AC chicks. One hatched on its own, the other hadn't hatched, and all the rest of the chicks had, so I decided to see what was up.

As I opened the egg, I applied coconut oil to the membrane. And the membrane turned glass clear. Check this out:

Very cool. And if you look you can even see the tiny bit of yolk it still had left to absorb. I of course put it back in the 'bator after this to let it finish up absorbing.

One of the reasons I love coconut oil!!! Very neat!!!

Hi! I gave the baby a little drop of nutri drench and then some clear water...also added a little nutri drench to the water. SO HAPPY to say this baby is doing GREAT today!!! I now have 14 healthy babies in the brooder!!!! :celebrate

I am SO HAPPY!!! Thank you for your help and support with my humidity problems! :hugs   I have 14 beautiful babies in the brooder!!!!
Congrats!! I've seen more success stories on this thread then any other
1f423.png

(Oooops technology getting the better of me on my phone! ) Hahahaha, you underestimate the power of being there for someone RavyinFallen! I was almost in meltdown and you came along. Thank you x

Hi! I gave the baby a little drop of nutri drench and then some clear water...also added a little nutri drench to the water. SO HAPPY to say this baby is doing GREAT today!!! I now have 14 healthy babies in the brooder!!!! :celebrate

I am SO HAPPY!!! Thank you for your help and support with my humidity problems! :hugs   I have 14 beautiful babies in the brooder!!!!

Congrats!

These kind of pics are very cool. I have a couple like this, only totally out of the shell, but with DIS chicks unforunetly, but I've used them to show people how the inner membrane clings around the chick naturally, that it's not shrink wrapped. I think people see that inner membrane around the chick and think OMG they are shrink wrapped when that's not the case.

Congrats!! I've seen more success stories on this thread then any other
1f423.png

Just shows the nay Sayers that hands on and assisting can, under the right circumstances and time frames and with the right knowledge, be very successfull.

I have a quail egg that pipped on the wrong end of the egg. It's been pipped almost 24 hours and I think it's trying to zip now but, it's not going anywhere. Should I help? I've assisted before, but I'm unsure if I should help or wait and see what happens.

I have a quail egg that pipped on the wrong end of the egg.   It's been pipped almost 24 hours and I think it's trying to zip now but, it's not going anywhere.   Should I help?   I've assisted before, but I'm unsure if I should help or wait and see what happens.   

I'd start an assist, if there's veining I'd stop.

Back
Top Bottom