Hands on hatching and help

My 8 year old son took a dive off his scooter after dinner tonight. Cut up his knee pretty bad. As I'm bending over cleaning his bloody knee, he tells me "I think my arm is broken"...what?! He was right. It's broken. Sitting in the hospital....motherhood is not so glorious.
Hope the break is simple and he heals quickly! (Also hope they get it set soon so you can go home and get some rest!)
hugs.gif

My 8 year old son took a dive off his scooter after dinner tonight. Cut up his knee pretty bad. As I'm bending over cleaning his bloody knee, he tells me "I think my arm is broken"...what?! He was right. It's broken. Sitting in the hospital....motherhood is not so glorious.

Sorry to hear this :hugs Hope it heals quickly and that you don't have to spend all night in the hospital.

Well I'm freaked out now. The 'cemani' hatched and, well, I don't think it is one. It's got pink skin and the fibro on the legs is not expressed very well at all. Plus it's got chipmunk patterning in silver. I lean towards it being a cross, but the girls have been locked up with only cemani roosters for at least two months now. Can they hold sperm that long? Granted the egg came from three weeks ago, of course, so closer to when they were free ranging with the flock. I'm just really nervous that I either sold cross eggs to people, or that one of my hens or roosters is somehow throwing this. Someone did just hatch out the first batch of eggs I sold for the year, that I had sold as possible crosses, and they got all purebreds so at least there's that.

Last edited:
So the egg was laid about 5 weeks after a being with a different rooster?  I've heard t's possible.

Yes, that would roughly be the time. I had heard three weeks was how long you should wait and then you were good to go. Guess maybe it takes longer than that. Well, the test then will be to see if I get any more. I'm going to set eggs tomorrow and I'll pay attention to how they hatch out. I gave the chick to the broody duo so they can each have one and so the little lone chick will have a hatch mate its age to hang out with when it's abandoned by its mothers.

Also, one of my peafowl eggs has pipped! :celebrate

Last edited:
Lori, you have geese? They are precious! Something about a goose has always gotten me! :) Their little faces are just so cute! How old are yours? Are they really friendly?

Right now they are a week old, and spoiled. Omg can't leave the room without the girl getting upset. They had there first swimming lesson today and you would not believe how small they actually are. Once all that fluff is flat, they are no bigger then a call lol. Body wise that is. There legs are still much longer then a call but there body seems to shrink down when wet. Lol

Back
Top Bottom