Hands on hatching and help

If it hasn't internally pipped yet, I'd wait it out. Usually all will hatch within 48 hours of the first one hatching. But that's just a guideline. If the air cell and membrane still look good, the chick may just be a little slower.
Thank you for your helpful advice. I'll wait it out.
thumbsup.gif

So I have noticed that one of my silkie pullets has been sitting since yesterday. I looked at her vent this morning and it looks fine. I hope she is just about to lay egg and that she is not egg bound. I can feel the egg inside....:/

@rossfam06 so what happened? Did she lay? Is this a silkie from Ruby? Would love to see some pics!

I've got several girls finally starting to lay. Another new cochin today. Exciting times!!

I did play
1f3bb.png
for 3 years in school....lol
Yay! Maybe now the rest will follow.

I hope!!!!

@rossfam06 so what happened? Did she lay? Is this a silkie from Ruby? Would love to see some pics!

I've got several girls finally starting to lay. Another new cochin today. Exciting times!!

No not yet! And yes the eggs I hatched from Ruby back in April! Hahahahaha!!!! She was actually out eating today. She is not walking like a penguin yet so..I am just watching her. Maybe she is nesting and will lay soon!

I hope!!!!
No not yet! And yes the eggs I hatched from Ruby back in April! Hahahahaha!!!! She was actually out eating today. She is not walking like a penguin yet so..I am just watching her. Maybe she is nesting and will lay soon!

Well, it doesn't sound eggbound, thank goodness. My Serama that just hatched chicks 7 weeks ago, laid an egg today! Some of her sisters still have not laid, and she laid for a month before going broody. Never know about these darn hens. :D
Oh, my point was, I had seen her going in and out of the coop alot over the last few days, even without the chicks, so I had a feeling it was coming. So maybe that's what your silkie is doing.

Are you incubating anything yet?

So, me being me, I pulled out one of the eggs to candle it. First I put it up to my ear, and to my excitement, I hear pecking. So hopefully it'll be one of those that pips and zips fairly quickly, and soon lol

Back
Top Bottom