Handsome Mystery Rooster

Farmer Jess

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 10, 2013
This is Clinton, a Craigslist rescue we got 4 months ago that had so many feathers missing and pecked skin you couldn't even tell he was a roo. Look how healthy and happy he looks now. :) Clinto loves watching over his flock of 11 ladies and has a wonderful temperament.

Can anyone please help identify his breed?

Thanks so much!
Jess

Last edited:
Honestly, I think he's mixed. He is way too orange to be the red of a Buckeye, and body type is off. He's also too orange to be Buff, and I thought Chanteclers have yellow shanks and tighter combs. He looks to me like possibly a combo of a buff and red birds, that seems to give this orange color. New Hampshire background is a possibility, maybe with Orpington for the white skin and who knows where the funky comb comes from.

Honestly, I think he's mixed. He is way too orange to be the red of a Buckeye, and body type is off. He's also too orange to be Buff, and I thought Chanteclers have yellow shanks and tighter combs. He looks to me like possibly a combo of a buff and red birds, that seems to give this orange color. New Hampshire background is a possibility, maybe with Orpington for the white skin and who knows where the funky comb comes from.

I agree, Chanteclers have a cushion comb and yellow legs and Buckeyes are a deeper red color, have yellow legs and are thicker. Also it's wonderful that you rescued the poor thing.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom