Happy Birthday to 6 new babies! Please read! I am so excited!

easteregger96

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 23, 2011
Greene County
My daughter took 6 fertilized eggs (from our hens) to school because her FFA/AG teacher wanted some eggs to hatch in his incubator at school so that the kids could watch (hopefully) the babies hatch. She took them to school on Mar. 17. Her teacher put them in the incubator and watched them closely. A few days ago he told her that he could not candle them because of their dark color and thick shells. He said he tried and could not see anything. So, I was starting to think that they weren't fertilized. So, I stopped asking for updates. It takes alot of patience to wait on them to hatch! It was killing me to not know what was going on with them. When my daughter got home from school today she was so excited! She said that all of them hatched perfectly and she got to watch one until the poor thing finally made his/her way out of the shell. She said it was so neat! To top it off........ the teacher is going to give us our babies as soon as they are strong enough to travel home! We are so excited! I can't wait to see them!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
:D
jumpy.gif

Thanks guys! I can't wait to see them! I am hoping to bring them home on monday maybe. I'm so happy that he's giving us our babies! I didn't expect that to happen. I'm glad it did though.
jumpy.gif

Our babies turned one week old on Thursday. I am bringing them home on Monday. I just got to see them for the first time today. I am going to read as much as I can to see what I need to do for them when I get them and try to raise them without them dying. If anyone has any pointers for me please let me know. I am excited and scared at the same time. Lots of pointers will be very appreciated. Thank You!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom