Happy Quail Babies

jespere

Songster
11 Years
Dec 6, 2008
Well, I guess they are not technically babies anymore since they are crowing and such ... but anyways. I have fallen in LOVE with my quail - the personalities!! They just seem happy. I have never owned birds before but they look happy. Oh and I will no longer be reintroducing their hatch-mates as I asked about a bit ago - they do NOT look happy or even all too healthy. In fact, my birds look downright spoiled next to the hatch-mates when compared by disposition, feathers, and size.

What do your quail do when they are happy?

I'm hoping I have not personified them too much but they just look like they are enjoying themselves!
wee.gif

Last edited:
I got my first quail not 2 hours ago
big_smile.png
And I spotted one of them stretched out in the corner on his side, feet splayed out like a cat in the sunshine. It was hilarious, and unexpected! I think they're precious
smile.png

If they are busy and curious, they are usually happy. Dustbathing, grooming, bug hunting are all normal healthy quail activities. Also sprawling out in the sunshine like they don't have a care in the world is a good sign
big_smile.png

if you haven't given them a litter box with a couple inches of sand in it yet then you really ,truly haven't seen a "HAPPPPPY" Coturnix .....
i went out to mine this morning and 1 of the hens was lying in her sand box in the sun SINGING! i'd never heard any of them sing like this before..i was amazed at how beautiful it was.....
love.gif

Oooh maybe I'll get to hear one of my ladies sing! I gave them their first dust bath yesterday afternoon and you are right - never been happier.
ya.gif

Quote:
SAME THINGS THEY DO WHEN THEY ARE VERY UPSET.... EAT, DRINK, POOP, AND MAKE MORE QUAIL
smile.png

JJ you just have no sensitivity for happy coturnix ....LOL....
hu.gif

THATS NOT EXACTLY TRUE
smile.png

Quote:
JJ you just have no sensitivity for happy coturnix ....LOL....
hu.gif

THATS NOT EXACTLY TRUE
smile.png

haha. love it.

Back
Top Bottom