Hard boiled???

coltssuperbowl83

Songster
9 Years
Dec 17, 2010
Kingsville
Checked the temp of my bator this morning and it was at 105.5!!!
barnie.gif
Will the eggs be ok?? i have it back to where it should be but it was probably like that for about 5-6 hours. What do you think. I just put them in last night so still on day 1.

Yikes.

I have not had a spike like that (that I know about) so am no expert BUT I would give them till day 7 to 10 before candling and giving up on them.

Do you know what might have caused the spike?

Just a couple things I can think of:
Did you let the bator run for a couple days before setting the eggs? Also, once you put the eggs in - do not touch the temp adjustment - cause it takes up to 24 hours for the eggs to get to incubation temps.

it was running for the past month..... i took the bad eggs out of my hatch cleaned it out and put the new ones in..... i didn't turn it off. I have no idea what could cause the spike. I did go from having 7 eggs incubating to 38???? Would that do it with the added eggs? If it take 24 hours for the eggs to get to incubation temp then i should still be ok right? It may have just sped that up a bit?? It was only a couple of hours so i hope so.......
hu.gif

Quote:
Spikes at the beginning and the end make no difference at all. Don't worry. They are fine.

I love hearing that. that makes me feel so much better.
smile.png

Quote:
Spikes at the beginning and the end make no difference at all. Don't worry. They are fine.

I love hearing that. that makes me feel so much better.
smile.png

Good.
big_smile.png
You will have some fluffy butts in less than a month!

Back
Top Bottom