Hard boiled???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by coltssuperbowl83, Dec 21, 2010.

1. coltssuperbowl83

coltssuperbowl83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Kingsville
    Checked the temp of my bator this morning and it was at 105.5!!! [​IMG] Will the eggs be ok?? i have it back to where it should be but it was probably like that for about 5-6 hours. What do you think. I just put them in last night so still on day 1.

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Yikes.

I have not had a spike like that (that I know about) so am no expert BUT I would give them till day 7 to 10 before candling and giving up on them.

Do you know what might have caused the spike?

Just a couple things I can think of:
    Did you let the bator run for a couple days before setting the eggs? Also, once you put the eggs in - do not touch the temp adjustment - cause it takes up to 24 hours for the eggs to get to incubation temps.

3. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep.. I would do the same.. I have seen high spikes, so hopefully you caught it in time...

Is this your first hatch?

4. coltssuperbowl83

Dec 17, 2010
    Kingsville
    it was running for the past month..... i took the bad eggs out of my hatch cleaned it out and put the new ones in..... i didn't turn it off. I have no idea what could cause the spike. I did go from having 7 eggs incubating to 38???? Would that do it with the added eggs? If it take 24 hours for the eggs to get to incubation temp then i should still be ok right? It may have just sped that up a bit?? It was only a couple of hours so i hope so.......[​IMG]

5. coltssuperbowl83

Dec 17, 2010
    Kingsville
    2nd hatch. First one went fine on temp/humidity. No spike or anything.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Spikes at the beginning and the end make no difference at all. Don't worry. They are fine.

7. coltssuperbowl83

Dec 17, 2010
    Kingsville
    Quote:Spikes at the beginning and the end make no difference at all. Don't worry. They are fine.

I love hearing that. that makes me feel so much better. [​IMG]

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I love hearing that. that makes me feel so much better. [​IMG]

Good. [​IMG] You will have some fluffy butts in less than a month!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by