Hard, Swollen ear lobe

Rattle snakes come in all sizes. They start out in life just six inches long and fangs half an inch apart. Unfortunately, I've seen fang marks that close together when my cat got bit.

You can try hot compresses on the lobe to reduce welling, counter infection. Two weeks after the fact, though, there isn't much to be done. Her body is dealing with it or she wouldn't be acting normally.
Interesting! We don’t really have snakes of that size here so i was just curious.

Update..The lump on Lacys ear lobe seemed larger after I tried to expelled puss from it but now it looks like it did before. She is acting like her happy self so I'm leaving her alone. Thanks for sharing all your experiences.
Hey 😁 how is lacy doing?

It is still swollen but seems smaller. I think I know what may have caused it. We no longer have a rooster so one of the hens has appointed herself head Ro. She jumps on some of the younger girls backs and pecks at their heads. I expect she grabbed Lacy's earlobe between her beak. Lacy is a happy hen and doesn't seem bothered by the lump on the side of her face so I'm leaving her alone. Thanks for checking!
Great news. Have you carried on with the oil of oregano? It has an antioxidant as well as herbal stuff. I have given my hens a whole capsule at some point directly into their beak, plz update when you can 😁

When I didn't expel any puss from the lump I figured it wasn't an infection so I didn't try the oil of Oregano. Do you still think it might help?
Yes, it helped with my tatty, just a booster more than anything. I wasn’t brave enough to try and lance it :oops: But had the best outcome by treating with oil of oregano and scrambled eggs

Back
Top Bottom