Hardware Cloth—what size and gauge

Pics
I got this too. Great deal. And I can attest that the wiring is mouseproof. Our run door construction was apparently lacking and had to be redesigned, but we haven't had any get in since, even though we still see them climb all over the run wiring trying to gain entrance (yes, we have traps out, and the husband pops one or two with a bb gun when he can).

I searched and searched for hardware cloth. I then went to every recommended vendor from this forum, facebook, friends, etc. that I could find. You can locate some great prices if you are lucky enough to live near certain vendors. If you live further away then the shipping cost is ridiculous!

I finally settled on Amazon vendors but did not purchase from Amazon. Instead, I went to the vendors actual website and found that the price was either exactly the same or slightly less than what was advertised on Amazon. I also calculated how much I needed for 2' rolls, 3' rolls, and/or 4' rolls. I did this since supply seems to be so limited. That way I could analyze/order whatever was best for me and available from vendors. I ended up finally going with: https://www.amagabeli.com/

At the time I ordered they had all sizes available in 50' rolls, but not enough to complete my project. I instead just ordered a bunch of 3' high and 40' long rolls. Good luck!

I used 1/4 inch because I thought the smaller the better. I have it in small sections over vents and larger sections over windows. It seems very sturdy. I also stale gunned it but have since heard screws and washers are better. We have racoons but none have ever gotten in the coos with the staled 1/4 inch hardware cloth. Sorry, I dont have the 16th letter of the alhabet along with some other numbers and characters on this comuter. Water damage lol

I used 1/4 inch because I thought the smaller the better. I have it in small sections over vents and larger sections over windows. It seems very sturdy. I also stale gunned it but have since heard screws and washers are better. We have racoons but none have ever gotten in the coos with the staled 1/4 inch hardware cloth. Sorry, I dont have the 16th letter of the alhabet along with some other numbers and characters on this comuter. Water damage lol
I've stapled all mine as well. If the staples are long enough, and frequent enough, you won't have any trouble.

Back
Top Bottom