Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Hard to see but the membrane is still attached to the navel. Will this dry and break off? Yolk is fully absorbed and the chick seems to be doing fine for just hatchingView attachment 2617703
When this happens, I just hold the shell, and grab the membrane (that's attached to the chick) as close to the shell as I can and just pull it away from the shell and let it fall away from the chick on it's own.

It seems to happen more often than it doesn't, to me.

That membrane in the last pic still looks ok to me. It even might be beginning to zip.

So kinda worried a bit about the membrane on this one. It pipped early this morning but hasn’t done much since. The others hatching have knocked the little bits of shell off now I’m worried the membrane might be drying out too much. Humidity has been between 70-80 with them all hatchingView attachment 2617952

This membrane looks fine to me. It will start to turn brown if it's drying out and even then sometimes it's just the exposed membrane that turns colors. If you see the chick repeatedly pecking at the same spot and peeping a lot, that's when I would consider checking on it but since your hatch is still moving along at a normal pace I wouldn't worry at all.

View attachment 2611257

This is working for me right now. I was manually turning but it seemed like all the eggs would get bonked every time I turned one. Too full. With the way they are in this picture, I only have to manually turn the six layered on top. All the rest are moving. I will change up who’s on the top layer. So still lots of handling unfortunately but less than before and less work for me. The extra eggs I was given from the breeder are maybe more trouble than they’re worth but I’ve missed my window for a staggered hatch and I can’t bear to not set them all!

In terms of making some room, I was thinking candling on day 5 might allow me to take some out and be off duty for manual turning and switching out. But I have read that you shouldn’t take out any eggs until day 10 regardless of what you think you see before then - that clear looking ones or blood ring looking ones might still be developing. Do you agree?
Totally agree. I just had one that was real iffy on day 11 but my last chance candling before lockdown today revealed a live, developing chick inside. One more is one more!

There is nothing cuter than a chick. Or Duckling! These guys just got put in this box, with a bath towel under them, when they came out of the incubator. They are less than 24 hours old here, that is when they are the cutest! Try to not have any poop in the photo! :barnie :lauView attachment 2611520
You gotta be quick. Those poopers get going in a hurry! And they know when clean flooring goes down!

Yes, I actively practice opening the incubator "too often" even in a dry room of 45% ambient humidity, lol! My suggestion is usually to wait until right after a chick hatches to open the incubator to take the dry chicks out. If the pips are "tight" meaning, not a wide-open pip, or if the humidity is already pretty high in the incubator, these things would also help to offset you opening the incubator momentarily. You can also add slightly warmed water to the port to increase humidity more quickly if it doesn't return in the timeframe you expect. Overall I have been very very happy with how quickly the NR360 returns to humidity but I know others haven't had the same experience as me with humidity so I'm always careful to suggest the above.

Back when I had a Little Giant and a Hovabator I would make a steamy shower and take the incubator into the bathroom, lol.
Ha! That will be me. Except I’m going to crank a humidifier in the room I’m using. It will be all I can do to keep my three year old from trying to get in there and cuddle chicks.

Totally agree. I just had one that was real iffy on day 11 but my last chance candling before lockdown today revealed a live, developing chick inside. One more is one more!
Okay, thank you for that input, I appreciate it.
I candled last night after 5.5 days. I have a 1200 lumen flashlight and saw veining and an eye easily even with half of the marans eggs. But with 6 of the light eggs and 3 marans, nothing. Just the yolks. But since this my first time and I’ve read about people eggtopsying and finding a developing embryo, I’m too afraid to take them out. I’ll keep manually turning for now.

Okay, thank you for that input, I appreciate it.
I candled last night after 5.5 days. I have a 1200 lumen flashlight and saw veining and an eye easily even with half of the marans eggs. But with 6 of the light eggs and 3 marans, nothing. Just the yolks. But since this my first time and I’ve read about people eggtopsying and finding a developing embryo, I’m too afraid to take them out. I’ll keep manually turning for now.
One of the marans where I could see veining and an eye:
437ED6D9-DE59-44F1-8E0B-9945FDE624C7.png

One of the marans where I didn’t see anything:
3B27FD86-AB73-44F9-BAAB-294C6250B72C.png

One of the light eggs where I only saw the yolk:
66AF59C2-CFDE-428F-BB38-9A3FF439B873.png

One of three eggs that had the air cell in the wrong place! I thought I had been really careful! I drove eight hours so that I could pick them up in person! I hadn’t seen any air cells at all when I candled before setting.
6BB00D56-A114-4A65-B42A-0EA883E672B0.png

Back
Top Bottom