Harry Potter or twilight?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by arabookworm, Dec 9, 2009.

1. arabookworm

arabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    which do you like better, pros and cons, etc. I know lots of people feel strongly about this, but lets keep it civil, all right? I don't want this shut down. no screaming matches, just intelligent discussion about the strengths and weaknesses of the books.

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:potter, for all ages.

3. barred-rocks-rock

barred-rocks-rock Can't stick with a Title

Jul 5, 2009
    I like Harry Potter.

4. arabookworm

arabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I forgot to say which one I like! [​IMG]

HARRY POTTER!!!!

I just think that it is better for a wider range of ages and it portrays the thoughts and emotions of a teenager a lot more accurately than twilight does. plus there is real conflict in it, whereas twilight is basically edward arguing with himself.

5. mendygnl

mendygnl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Glidden, IA
    Twilight

6. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I'm too old to care for either. [​IMG]

7. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    i could not get into potter the books or the movies.... but i am a huge twilight fan... (i even have the t-shirt....lol)

it could have something to do with the writing style or the fact that potter was huge at the same time as LOTR ( hich i could not get into either )

I know the 2 are drastically different, but the whole wizzards and warlock thing.. i guess its just not my thing.

8. Bantamlover23

Bantamlover23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Chuluota, FL
    I personally like both. But then I haver read both series multiple times. I just really like to read.

9. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Potter is incredibly well written with strong character development and intriguing plots. It also has the bonus of strong female characters who are smart and clever and bright. Actually, both the male and female characters hold those traits. [​IMG]

Twilight is essentially a trashy romance novel for 15 year olds. The plot is transparent. The characters are simplistic. The message is that a woman cannot be complete without a man. To quote my sister- " Really? Vampire boy has had a hundred years to become interesting and this is all he's got?" I won't go into my opinion of the female lead, but suffice it to say that the word "drivel" comes to mind. The only good part of the books is that, like the Potter series, this one has encouraged children to read.

(I have read all 7 books of the Potter series and all 4 of the Twilight series. There is no comparison.)

10. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    I love both of them. Can t wait til next spring for the HP theme park to open in orlando.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by