Harry Potter or twilight?

arabookworm

Songster
11 Years
Oct 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
which do you like better, pros and cons, etc. I know lots of people feel strongly about this, but lets keep it civil, all right? I don't want this shut down. no screaming matches, just intelligent discussion about the strengths and weaknesses of the books.

I forgot to say which one I like!
tongue.png

HARRY POTTER!!!!

I just think that it is better for a wider range of ages and it portrays the thoughts and emotions of a teenager a lot more accurately than twilight does. plus there is real conflict in it, whereas twilight is basically edward arguing with himself.

i could not get into potter the books or the movies.... but i am a huge twilight fan... (i even have the t-shirt....lol)

it could have something to do with the writing style or the fact that potter was huge at the same time as LOTR ( hich i could not get into either )

I know the 2 are drastically different, but the whole wizzards and warlock thing.. i guess its just not my thing.

Potter is incredibly well written with strong character development and intriguing plots. It also has the bonus of strong female characters who are smart and clever and bright. Actually, both the male and female characters hold those traits.
smile.png

Twilight is essentially a trashy romance novel for 15 year olds. The plot is transparent. The characters are simplistic. The message is that a woman cannot be complete without a man. To quote my sister- " Really? Vampire boy has had a hundred years to become interesting and this is all he's got?" I won't go into my opinion of the female lead, but suffice it to say that the word "drivel" comes to mind. The only good part of the books is that, like the Potter series, this one has encouraged children to read.

(I have read all 7 books of the Potter series and all 4 of the Twilight series. There is no comparison.)

Back
Top Bottom