Harvey the Great. . A Great Life with His Harem!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Peppercorngal, May 11, 2019.

1. hispoptart

hispoptart Crowing

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    You are very lucky to have good health, but on the rare time you know you need an antibiotic it's handy. They have several different types that treat different things. I'm not a doctor so do research and take at your own risk.

drumstick diva likes this.
  2. hispoptart

hispoptart Crowing

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    Do you mind if I pm you?

drumstick diva and Cryss like this.
  3. Peppercorngal

Peppercorngal Crowing

Feb 5, 2018
    Feather Falls, CA
    Fish Mox is simply Amoxicillin. I got mine at Chewy.com. You may be able to obtain it at any feed store or Tractor Supply if you have them. It's usually 100 tablets or capsules of 250mg Amoxicillin. I guess you would know how many to take based on what the Dr. told you to take before? I have no answer to that really.

Fish Mox.jpg
    It looks like this or something similar. There are different brands. I got the "fish Aid" brand, but it's the same thing. :confused:

4. Peppercorngal

Peppercorngal Crowing

Feb 5, 2018
    Feather Falls, CA
    You got that right! I am 70 years old and have all my pieces and parts. No major surgery, all organs are inside and accounted for! I can chew gum and walk at the same time and I can still deal with 50 lb bags of feed! I am grateful for my health for sure! Believe it or not I still have a baby tooth too! (Weird, I know, but it's true) :hugs

5. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Crowing

Feb 15, 2019
    New Jersey
    Hi!

I’m SOOOOO glad that Harvey the Great is doing better! He looks so happy to be back with his ladies! I’m so glad he is alright! Congratulations on having such a beautiful and amazing rooster! He sure is a special one!
    :celebrate:wee:celebrate:clap:woot:love:jumpy:wee

6. Peppercorngal

Peppercorngal Crowing

Feb 5, 2018
    Feather Falls, CA
    Thank you Kitty! He is a very pleasant addition to the flock! :hugs

7. Peppercorngal

Peppercorngal Crowing

Feb 5, 2018
    Feather Falls, CA
    Today it's been raining all day. Needless to say I didn't go out and spend hours trying to get a film. I'm going to post one that I already posed on the "dying" thread. Hope you all don't mind. For those who haven't heard Harvey's unique sound, it will be a treat for you! Ha! :gig Turn up your sound!

8. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Crowing

Feb 15, 2019
    New Jersey
    Hi! :frow

I love Harvey’s unique sound! It sure is unique! I was so exciting when I read the title and saw that he was all better! He is awesome!

9. Cryss

Cryss Free Ranging

Nov 12, 2017
    Northwest New Jersey
    Certainly!
    Good for you!!!! I'm 68, had a couple surgeries, my knees don't like me much and sometimes they try to convince my back that I'm an old fart (can I say fart here?:oops:) But my daughter says she feels lazy compared to me and my husband says he can't keep up with me (and he's 24 years younger than me!) I'm the hardware cloth queen with scars to prove it. I do make hubby carry those 50lb bags for me. It would be silly not to :gig

10. Peppercorngal

Peppercorngal Crowing

Feb 5, 2018
    Feather Falls, CA
    Oh Cryss, you crack me up! :lau My husband can't keep up with me either! I make husband carry stuff on occasion, but usually he just has to reach things for me. I'm barely 5 ft tall and have stools and ladders everywhere! Aren't you glad you are young and able? Let's celebrate together! :ya

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: