Has anyone ever had a chick just turn up?

Home from work. No more peepers. The one I found is doin well (I like the mirror idea). Was kinda hoping more would turn up to keep HER (hopefully, allready have 2 roosters) company.

Wow. That certainly is a mystery.
idunno.gif

I've got no ideas, but had to say the neighbor slipping one in, chicken immaculate conception, and Aliens all made me LOL!
thumbsup.gif

I do remember someone posting the hung a feather duster down into their brooder for their baby chicks to snuggle with - maybe an idea along with the mirror/

I hosted a swap meet at our farm and after everyone left I came across a couple of strange chicks in our barn. I did give the chicks away as they were not any breeds that I have.

I seriously had that happen with a duckling! Only sadly, the duckling was dead when I found it. But no one was broody at the time, and there was this dead duckling just mysteriously there in the duck enclosure. I cannot figure out how this happened! I feel bad I couldn't save the baby, too, but it's kind of hard to save a duckling that you didn't even know existed... It was not warm out, either. Still can't figure this out for the life of me.

Mystery (I think that's a name gonna stick) is doin well, she's not peckin her mirror too much. Really social, likes being held on chest, close to h'beat I think. No one else has turned up, so I think just raise her big enough inside to intro to flock. Oh and got another good idea locally for lonely chick......, old wind up alarm clock. I'm gonna have to find one, can only spend so much time each day holding a lonely chick to my chest in a 95deg attic. I'd post a pic but think I need more time on board. Thancks y'all, Ill keep ya posted as she comes along.

Any chance you can get a friend for Mystery? I'm guessing it would make future intros to the flock easier... But that's just a guess as I just have my original four.

Back
Top Bottom