Has anyone seen my chicks? USPS Rant...UPDATE in pg2

Javamama

Songster
11 Years
Jun 6, 2008
USA
Because the post office doesn't know where they are. I am livid. I ordered from Meyer and they shipped yesterday morning and they told me to expect the chicks early today. Waited, waited. Called and got tracking number. Called post office which didn't answer phone and finally drove there only to be looked at like I had 2 heads and they know as much as I do. Get this - they looked up the tracking number on the internet. Just like I did at home. Give me a break! There is only 2 hours of highway between me and Meyer. This is why I do not use the USPS unless there is no other way. How could they lose live birds? And why the heck am I paying so much to get them here? Thought I was safe if I ordered from a well known in state hatchery.
I know, I know - I should have just picked them up myself. Already beating myself over the head for it.

Last edited:
Quote:
Call the 800 # for usps and find out the number to your local express services and call them. Your chicks are probably sitting there waiting for the next load of mail to your local station.

If they went Express, you def. should have had them by now.

As far as us checking the #'s at the P.O on the computer, that's the way it's done. We get the same info you do, basically.

I'm sorry they're not there, yet. :-( Hope they get there soon!

Just curious, what does it say when you check the tracking #?

Asher, I'm guessing that you work for the postal service? When I checked online it just says that the PO has been notified of a package (or something like that) If they don't come in the morning I will dig deeper. I called Meyer Hatchery and they were very nice and concerned and told me to call them back tomorrow if they don't show up. I don't know what other cities are like, but our post office is awful - I have never had such horrible service until I moved here.

Yeah, I'm just a carrier.

Hmmm...when people print out postage on-line, that's what it says. That means either the people at the P.O never scanned it (which honestly, sometimes it doesn't get scanned until it gets to its destination) OR they never shipped it. I'd call Meyer and tell them exactly what it says and request that they double check to make sure it actually went out when they say it did. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen on-line that they didn't ship when they said they had and had someone worried. :-( I hope that's what it is, though.

It's hard because if it wasn't scanned once Meyer shipped it, there's no way to tell where it is.

Thanks Asher. Duh, if I had read your tag line, I would have noticed that you are a mail carrier
smile.png
Meyer double checked that it had left their place and they believe it did. It was shipped express and should have been here and I have called every number I can find but nobody knows anything. The hatchery said they would probably be fine as long as they get delivered by tomorrow afternoon. I'm just worried because it has gotten down into the 50's the last couple nights. (and I'm mad because I paid for a service that I didn't get) I guess we just wait some more.

Last edited:
I would ask Meyer to give you the receipt for postage that you had to pay if it was express and you can get your money back if it did not arrive when it said it would.

It does not matter if the chicks arrive tomorrow in perfect health or not. If they are going to guarantee express next day and it doesn't arrive, then they have to refund.

Maybe it will make them clean up their act........

I probably will go after my money from Meyer. Probably won't get anywhere. Maybe I'll tell them how many people I just complained to through this board...

Okay, if it was express, it should have gotten there in one day unless they (P.O) only guranteed 2 day express. Meyer will have to take it up with the P.O, though. And express SHOULD be scanned more often. I thought we were talking about delivery confirmation/tracking. I'm shocked the P.O isn't taking it more seriously, but that (tracking that you got on usps.com) does not sound like any express package tracking I've ever done. I'm honestly not sure if you can do that anywhere except at the P.O so I'm thinking the problem lies within Meyer OR they didn't ship it express like they said they did. :-(

Back
Top Bottom