Has anyone used this to treat bumblefoot?

Imapsychowhoa

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 6, 2010
a while ago i posted a topic because my turkey had bumblefoot, it was starting to get better then all the sudden she got a huge lump on her foot and another scab again plus 3 of my chicken's have it now.Does anyone know where bumble foot comes from? The poles my turkeys and chickens roost on aren't high.. it seems like the bumblefoot never get's better someone told me to soak the turkey and chicken's feet in motor oil to get rid of the bumble foot.Has anyone used that and does it work or is there any other way to get rid of it other than picking the bumble out?
(sorry i posted twice in the turkey posts by accident)

Bumblefoot is a staph infection and contagious. Yes, people can get it too, so please wear gloves when treating. Soaking the feet works for legmites, but I've never heard of it for bumblefoot. I have only treated it once and did my best to remove the plug and then used PenG injectible for the infection. Keeping the roosts low and free of splinters is important. Also, keeping floor materials clean. If they free range, there is not much you can do about what they step on. Keep in mind, staph is in the environment. Poultry are more susceptible to it due to the heavy use of time on their feet and risk of injuries/tears to the skin.

Back
Top Bottom