"Hatch a Long" Setting eggs June 7th

Oh my goodness. All four remaining eggs in the incubator were moving around like Mexican jumping beans today! The timer say 4 days left. When do I take out the turning disk, put in the paper towels double the water and do the lockdown? Saturday is the expected day and I am working the farmers market that day. Grrrrr!
Barbi, the anxious new egg mama.

Omg! Just locked down this morning..just found this! A pip? Early birdy!

A second egg has pipped this morning and the first shows a bit more progress. Oh it is going to be a stressful day. Hoping for a Brahma out of one of these. Odds are in our favor!adendum! A third has pipped in the time it took me to make coffee and feed the cats.

Last edited:

I have two just hatched in my incubator
1f423.png
3 have already hatched yesterday and I have added them to my broody's two chicks - she's delighted!

Wow congrats Brznwench and Liam!!!

Liam what day did they hatch for you?

Mine are due on the 28th (Sat) wondering if they will hatch early? I was hoping to be home to monitor...may have to work from home a couple of those days.

Three hatchlings! Today is day 20. The 4th and final egg has no signs yet but was rock in on day 18. How long do I wait for that one? Have a 7 minute video of one hatching. Amazing!

Can you post the video? And I Would give it a couple more days. I would think up to 23 or 24 days?

I am sooooooo excited!!!
Day 12 and movement/veins for sure in the following:
2 BBS Eng Orprs (out of 4)
4 Lavender Faverolles (Out of 6)
19 Salmon Faveroles (out of 21)

Back
Top Bottom