Hatch-Along - Anyone planning to hatch out around St. Patrick's Day?

Pics
I just saw a sign outside my Wal-Mart saying they deliver groceries now, and I live in a smaller town. I may never leave the house again! Lol. Seriously, you should call your Wal-Mart and see if you have that service yet. Beats getting the flu, coronavirus, or whatever else is floating around out there.
I haven't used their delivery, but when a coworker was recovering from surgery I ordered her groceries online and picked them up after work.
I am currently recovering from surgery and ordered from Publix. They have an Instacart option for delivery. Unfortunately it costs $99/year. I signed up for the 2 week free trial and got an order delivered. I can drive now, so I cancelled it in time to not be charged. It was very easy to cancel through the app.

My eggs arrived intact today, so I have an additional 23! That makes my total 58. Darn that chicken math!

Attachments

• 20200226_130403.jpg
    20200226_130403.jpg
    545.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200226_130427.jpg
    20200226_130427.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 0
:wee
I am so proud of myself, lol. I fought my very strong urge to candle yesterday! Today is D7 for my first batch (35 eggs) , and D4 for my second batch (23 eggs). :celebrate
How is/are your batch(es) doing?
:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy
Edited: in my excitement, I said the first batch is on D7 but they are on D10!

Last edited:
D10 results (28 of 36 remaining) :

Batch A
12 Easter Eggers developing, 2 don't have strong veins.

Batch B
4 Birchen Marans, 2 developing, 1 possibly failing*,1 clear.
3 OEs developing.
2 Frizzle OEs developing.
3 EEs developing.

Batch C
3 Sebrights developing. (4th was pulled D4 due to blood ring.)
4 Jersey Giants all clear.
3 Leg horns, 1 developing, 1 possibly failing*, 1 clear.
1 Orpington, clear.

*possibly failing = poor veins, possible blood ring forming

Results for the second group, on D4.

Batch D
6 Birchen Marans, too dark to tell yet.

Batch E
17 Cream Legbars, 15 developing, 2 nothing as yet.

I have ordered some hatching eggs (chicken eggs) and should be ready to start incubating around February 24-25th. Anyone interested in sharing the experience in a hatch-a-long? :jumpy:jumpy:jumpy
Hi there, I think I might have some Muscovies and chicks hatching out in the next few days. :D

Back
Top Bottom