Hatch Along - Setting eggs June 7th.....anyone else?

No no its not . I got like 10 pips went to bed with at least 6 the first one pipped around 6pm or so last night and I woke up like 3 times to check . They need to get on with there hatching selfs.

I posted an ad for the turkey babies..then promptly got sick....while out of it, Scott sold 3 of the babies. I didn't expect to feel so weird about it. I've done a lot of rescue stuff over the years with dogs and cats and always do home checks, applications..etc. I know I can't do that with the poultry...but it feels weird to hand over this little life that I stressed over, to someone I don't even know. I'm pretty sure Scott thinks I'm a nutcase.

I posted an ad for the turkey babies..then promptly got sick....while out of it, Scott sold 3 of the babies. I didn't expect to feel so weird about it. I've done a lot of rescue stuff over the years with dogs and cats and always do home checks, applications..etc. I know I can't do that with the poultry...but it feels weird to hand over this little life that I stressed over, to someone I don't even know. I'm pretty sure Scott thinks I'm a nutcase.
You're not a nutcase! You hatched and nurtured those little poults, and it only makes sense that you care that these beings you brought into the world go to good homes.
smile.png

I should have gotten more of them...I just know they will be my favorites.
They are so cute. I love their little puff cheeks and beards. We have one with a pretty funny attitude. She went from a spunky little stinker that you had to keep your eye on to a hugger! She started laying eggs at around 1 year. (She was a late bloomer.) When her egg laying hormones kicked in, she mellowed WAY out. She is one of our favorites. Her name is Esther.
smile.png

Here she is:

Back
Top Bottom