Hatch-Along - Setting eggs on 2/8/13 Anyone want to join me?

I figure this late in the game, especially a dark egg deserves a chance. Hope the "dark" is a baby waiting to get out, better than one with alot of light areas.

I hope so too, I just hope it doesn't explode. I finally got some eggs today that I can add to my bator, I have been selling them before they come out of my chickens butts.
ep.gif
. I am going to collect for a few days and hopefully have enough to fill my bator up. I think I'm going to have to get another one because my hatcher will be getting full of goose and turkey eggs. OH HOW I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!

anyone here doing the Easter Hatch a long?

Last edited:
I've got an upside down pip going on now' but #3 is pipping on the right end.

YAY, pics when those fuzzy butts arrive please!!
jumpy.gif

I just put 11 of 14 eggs in lock down, I still can't see in my dark eggs but I think they have chicks in them. My temp is at 99.5, my humidity at 80. I cut up a big sponge and soaked the pieces, the trays are full of water. I know the humidity is not going to stay at 80 all three days so I'm trying to put a plan together for that. I cut down an egg carton and put holes in the bottoms of each egg holder. Both plugs are in the vent holes, I think If my humidity drops a lot I'll take a plug out and add a hose there and send water to the trays that way.

Of the 5 eggs I put in 10 days ago all are fertile have good veining and are moving well. I have been collecting more eggs to fill up my incubator for the Easter Hatch a long. I'm getting turkey eggs now and got my first goose egg today. I think I'm going to need another hova bator

I took "wrong way willie" out and opened up the air hole a little. It's back in now and peeping alot louder. I layed it flat across the carton to keep the hole up. 4 & 5 are coming along.

First pip is out but wet.

Last edited:
I've got two drying now, 2 pipped, and the middle pipped egg. I'm going at least another day, since temp dropped the other day, I can take a quick look at 1 or 2 when I work on "willie".

Wow, miss a couple of days and everything goes mad lol. Congrats all on your fuzzy butts, they look so sweet. Sat waiting impatienly for my first 4 due on friday.

Wrong Way Willie broke out last night along with 2 others. Since I can't tell them apart Willie must be just fine. Waiting for the last one to hatch now. Looks like I'll end up with 7 this time. There were 2 stick yolks, 2 crossbeaks, 2 that I thought would make it at lockdown but guit sometime after. 1 was fully developed-yolk absorbed-but a spot on the back of the neck that the flesh was exposed. I'm wondering if it was an injury from trying to hatch?

I'm going to try trapnests to find the crossbeak and move her to the layer flock. I want to find who is throwing the light chick in my avatar also. There was another one that didn't make it in this bunch darn it.

Back
Top Bottom