Hatch-Along - Setting eggs this weekend (Jan5/6) WHOS WITH ME!

Yay! So glad we have a broody hen in the group! I've never hatched with a broody before, so I'm always curious to hear all about it.
That makes two of us!! since we have never done this yet either!
gig.gif

but we had no problems yet, she moved to the brooder box without fuss and after we were sure she wasn't too freaked out by that move we swapped out her 'practice' eggs for the 'real' ones and she happily covered them right up! I'm just so nervous that the eggs were OK after shipping, and since they are brown eggs I am hoping we will be able to see development by the weekend, since we are basically new to candling also.

My 100% free range rooster likes to eat the styrafoam coolers converted to cat beds! He has his choice of legit scratch, horse feed, cat food and free range bugs+ and he picks the cooler to chow on, or at least dismantle.

Lol, yes bruce! I think I check mine every 30 mins while I am at home and within 5 mins if I have been out!

I think we're all still here because if we weren't, we'd be staring into our incubators, waiting for something to happen. My BF used to called my old bator the "hover-bator".
totally agree! this is our second batch and i feel like we check it a lot more then our first one even though the temps are stable!
21 days can't go fast enough!!
caf.gif
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom