Hatch-Along - Setting eggs this weekend (Jan5/6) WHOS WITH ME!

Heading to go pick up more eggs in about an hour. I'll be setting some more Amish Rainbow layers & several from my own mixed layers & 1 from my EE Bantam pen, PLUS....MORE QUAIL!!! Oh, the agony of the hatching addict!!! Think I may have my hands on an old Sears & Roebuck FarmMaster Cabinet incubator by the beginning of February. Please pray it actually works. He THINKS it only needs a power cord, but it's a 6+ hour drive 1 way to go get it & he wants almost $200 for it.
Is this the one in IN? If so I saw it and was drooling at the thought but dh would either kill me or keel over himself if I brought that home.

Originally Posted by RoyalLegend

I have one batch hatching this friday, but started a second batch with a friend on the 5th of Jan, so we're in!

Jill has Lemon Cuckoo Orphingtons (I hope that's right) and I have the rest of her bator filled with Wheaton French Marans.

Welcome, feel free to post pics
big_smile.png
Also wondering what you are hatching this week!

I wish I was closer , I would love to pick up some of those eggs, Im not haveing luck with shipped eggs at the moment . Down to 2 of my shipped orp eggs and they have crazy whacked out air cells so Im crossing my fingers and doing my best but Im afraid to hope they will hatch.

I wish I was closer , I would love to pick up some of those eggs, Im not haveing luck with shipped eggs at the moment . Down to 2 of my shipped orp eggs and they have crazy whacked out air cells so Im crossing my fingers and doing my best but Im afraid to hope they will hatch.
Sorry you're not having much luck with shipped eggs. Don't give up on those wacky air cells. I have had some pretty bizarre looking air cells hatch just fine. In fact, I find the ones that run down the side a little sometimes seem to hatch faster.

I can send you some of these Rainbow layers if you would like to do a swap. Maybe some more serama & quail.

I set 28 more Rainbow layers & 9 from my girls plus 5 more quail. Already had 6 quail in due between the 23rd & 28th. The little EE from my banties (I forget who asked about it right now) is right above the quail. Eggs from my layers are the 3 cream colored in the 2nd row down on the right, the 3 tan right below & the 2 light tan banty eggs just above the EE banty. That is a PURPLE egg from the rainbow layers above my EE banty.

Back
Top Bottom