Hatch-Along - Setting eggs this weekend (Jan5/6) WHOS WITH ME!

We have chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went out to do our morning chores and checks, we cleaned the other coops and collected eggs... all the while we could here all kinds of chirping coming from the broody pen...

after getting the chores finished we uncovered the wall of the broody pen and couldn't see anything different... but boy could we hear them!!! So Radioman got the camera ready and I did a quick lift to check.... and.......

wee.gif
jumpy.gif
celebrate.gif

Looks like 4 or maybe 5? so far... I took out a few egg shells that were laying right in the front, but didn't lift Gracie any higher or otherwise try to touch any chicks... One looked damp yet so I only held her up a few seconds... just long enough to snap this pic and grab those shells....
It was happy time in the coop after we finally saw fluffy butts!!!

We went out to do our morning chores and checks, we cleaned the other coops and collected eggs... all the while we could here all kinds of chirping coming from the broody pen...

after getting the chores finished we uncovered the wall of the broody pen and couldn't see anything different... but boy could we hear them!!! So Radioman got the camera ready and I did a quick lift to check.... and.......

wee.gif
jumpy.gif
celebrate.gif

Looks like 4 or maybe 5? so far... I took out a few egg shells that were laying right in the front, but didn't lift Gracie any higher or otherwise try to touch any chicks... One looked damp yet so I only held her up a few seconds... just long enough to snap this pic and grab those shells....

ADORABLE! Congrats! That is so precious, I can hardly take it.

Congrats everyone on all the babies poppin out! This is so exciting so much is going on. Ill be waititng to hear more results inbetween staring at my own incubator
big_smile.png

This is part 2 of my staggered hatch. I have a 2nd pip this morning! First one is taking its time. It can take up to 24 hrs for a hatch from this point. Cool your jets folks, this could take hours yet! Don't panic!
tammir, you have your work cut out for you. You have the ultimate challenge! I thought I was having a hard time! At least you have some making noise! Good sign! Heat up a damp cloth & lay it down in there QUICK! That will give them the extra boost of humidity they need to hatch out. Filled wells are sometimes not enough! Good luck!

wee.gif
jumpy.gif
celebrate.gif

Yah, soooo cute! Gracie is amazing, & I want to know exactly what kind of chicken she is!! Most of my broody hens in the past have been mixes that looked like part game hen and none of them would have let me do what you did in that picture! So where ever did you get Gracie and what exactly is she....inquiring minds want to know :)

Back
Top Bottom