Hatch-Along - Setting eggs this weekend (Jan5/6) WHOS WITH ME!

Those pics are cute & you can just see in their faces they are thinking ;
"We're cute! & don't know what ya'll were so worried about, of course we were gonna hatch to get at all this good chicken crumbles and stuff"
lau.gif
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this is SOOOOOooooo True!!

one of our chicks is having breathing problems i think she seems okay shes drinking eating and pooping bbut she makes a clicking noise when breathing????

one of our chicks is having breathing problems i think she seems okay shes drinking eating and pooping bbut she makes a clicking noise when breathing????
How is the baby this morning??? I've never had a newborn yet who made any funny noises, so can't help with first hand info diagnosis... is it still in the incubator or did you move them to the brooder? It may have a bit of moisture built up in it's airway from humid incubator environment. Hopefully that is all it is.
fl.gif

How is the baby this morning??? I've never had a newborn yet who made any funny noises, so can't help with first hand info diagnosis... is it still in the incubator or did you move them to the brooder? It may have a bit of moisture built up in it's airway from humid incubator environment. Hopefully that is all it is.
fl.gif
She seems to actually be doing better a little bit she is still drinking and pooping and eating a little but she is sleeping a lot. We just moved them into the brooder late last night. I'm going to go today to get some electrolytes and that. Is there anything else we should have on handy???

She seems to actually be doing better a little bit she is still drinking and pooping and eating a little but she is sleeping a lot. We just moved them into the brooder late last night. I'm going to go today to get some electrolytes and that. Is there anything else we should have on handy???
I know they have an electrolyte mix for the chicks, but other than that I can't think of anything else you would need... you may post over on the PA Unite also because there are a few folks over there that hatch constantly (or almost constantly) and they may be on sooner than some of the folks here, so better chance of getting a quick reply.

dblea.... did some digging through history on here, found a couple of threads that sound similar...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...nd-laboured-breathing-cure-possible-pneumonia

and another...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/136950/peep-breathing-problem

toward the end of this one it seems that folks don't worry as much when the chick is just a day or two old because it may just be residual moisture from hatching, so hoping that is the case and yours will do well with the vitamin/electrolytes in the water and a couple of days for it to clear.

Hope someone with more experience can chime in though!

I'm pulling here for her. I've never dealt with that before. I've never had all the problems with hatching as I have with this year. I've been saying all along that I need a notebook to write all the useful info down in. There is no way I could ever find it going back through these threads Please keep us posted as how she's doing and what you're doing to help her. Wish I could be of more help.
hu.gif

The clicking has gotten better through out the day its now only once and awhile that it happens so we are hoping it was just from the moisture in the incubator.....but now we also noticed that she has splayed legs!
barnie.gif

This is definitely a good learning experience! we have made llittle braces using medical tape to help correct them. I went and got the electrolyte packages and probiotic packages so we are going to givve her some electrolytes to help her a little. Really hoping this helps her!

Back
Top Bottom