Hatch along: Show Dominiques

Amazons

Songster
May 6, 2021
NJ
I have been raising Dominques for a couple years now and this year I am finally making some project selections to produce high quality show and meat birds as well as hatch a new line to add in a few birds to improve their comb details.

So, as a hatch along,
here is my first little incubator,

12 eggs
started on the 1st of May

candled on day 5 and day 10

So far I think we have two duds, but I will be giving them a little more time just to make sure what I am seeing is a blood ring.
Excited to see what good lookers we produce!

E0VikXyWQAYVjxt.jpg

E03oqJ3XEAMDyGu.jpg

that was day 5

11 more days!

I have been raising Dominques for a couple years now and this year I am finally making some project selections to produce high quality show and meat birds as well as hatch a new line to add in a few birds to improve their comb details.

So, as a hatch along,
here is my first little incubator,

12 eggs
started on the 1st of May

candled on day 5 and day 10

So far I think we have two duds, but I will be giving them a little more time just to make sure what I am seeing is a blood ring.
Excited to see what good lookers we produce!

View attachment 2662931

View attachment 2662932

that was day 5

11 more days!
Please give an update!!

Congrats! Breeding to the standard and showing birds is a lot of fun. We use the same incubator too lol. How do you regulate humidity on yours if you don’t mind me asking?

I am having a blast really working on breeding the right birds! So I am excited to see our results :) this batch should have some great roosters out of this group!

I find the humidity has a little trouble stay stable, I use a small syringe of water to shoot in a few ml a day as needed through the air hole in the top. Its making lockdown a little easier since the heat does cook the water out kind of fast!

Back
Top Bottom