Hatched his rooster 15 years ago, what is this established elderly homeowners rights agenst new 8 year old housing devlopments complaining.?

He should be covered under a grandfather clause.
It will depend on the municipality ultimately.. somethings don't allow for grandfather causes.. like breed specific legislation that disallows say pit bull from living in Denver.. They don't care how long you've had them or what you do.. even our military has written breed specific l;language and made families of servicemen and women re-home their beloved pets. :(

Frankly, if the rooster is 15 years old, it's a practical reality that it won't be a problem for long. People should leave this old man and his older friend in peace.
You hit the nail on the head right here.. frankly I'm not sure I buy a rooster living for 15 years.. and I want some... details on how he was allegedly kept.. but that would be AMAZING! :eek:

He should be covered under a grandfather clause. Most states have attorneys that work pro bono. You may have to google to find them. I'm sure you will find an attorney willing to help.
Also contact news outlets, bloggers, and animal rights groups.
Good luck!
That's exactly what I was thinking. He was already there so should have rights.

That's exactly what I was thinking. He was already there so should have rights.
Unfortunately.. like the native Americans that were placed on reservations against their will.. the money machine that runs this country and the world doesn't really care what anyone thinks their rights may be. If they determine your land has a better use.. can take it if they want WITHOUT your permission at whatever cost they deem appropriate.. Even for stupid shat like the high speed train to nowhere in California! :duc

It's called eminent domain...
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/eminent_domain#:~:text=Overview,compensation to the property owners.

Please understand that I'm not for taking an old mans elderly rooster! I'm sure there are many in a similar situation. It's unfortunate how things change sometimes and that IS the reality.

Best wishes to gramps and his feathered friends! :fl

That rooster has been crowing for almost 15 years. Why build a house next to him if you knew he had a rooster and why move to the country, if you can't stand country animals. We have cows, geese, donkeys and a whole lot of roosters and chickens we can hear, and if anyone complained to town hall, they'd be shut down and told to move if they didn't like it.

I hope gramps gets to keep his rooster, at least until it dies from old age.

Just more of the general disdain city-dwellers have for "farmy" folk. It really ticks me off. Where do they think their food comes from?

There is a shockingly high number of people who have no idea where food comes from. I was with my son's class at a trip to a local dairy, and one of the mothers almost fainted when she found out where milk comes from. Another had a fit when she found out where EGGS came from. And a third incident, a woman in a feed store (no idea what she was doing there) was complaining about farm subsidies. When asked by the feed store owner where she would get her food if they killed off the farm subsidies, she said, "Why, from the grocery store!"

:confused:

There is a shockingly high number of people who have no idea where food comes from. I was with my son's class at a trip to a local dairy, and one of the mothers almost fainted when she found out where milk comes from. Another had a fit when she found out where EGGS came from. And a third incident, a woman in a feed store (no idea what she was doing there) was complaining about farm subsidies. When asked by the feed store owner where she would get her food if they killed off the farm subsidies, she said, "Why, from the grocery store!"

Yes, we live in a time of complete ignorance... and that same ignorance is then passed on to their children. But I would have LOVED to have been there to see the ladies face when she learned where eggs came from! :D

Wow. I’m sorry to say it - but what a fudging idiot. What is wrong with people?

Yes, we live in a time of complete ignorance... and that same ignorance is then passed on to their children. But I would have LOVED to have been there to see the ladies face when she learned where eggs came from! :D

There were more details to all 3 stories that made them even funnier, but over the last 2 or 3 decades I've forgotten them, LOL! The feed store incident was in the 70s, the other two late 80s to very early 90s.

I hate to think how bad it is now. I think I'm part of the last generation where people routinely kept small livestock even if they were in town - or at least, in semi-rural towns - without any ordinances to worry about. We could also hang our laundry out on a line. Those are prohibited almost everywhere now. So dumb. Much "greener" to hang laundry out, and cheaper too. I swear they're trying to make poor people illegal too.

When I was growing up, childrens’ books were often about a farm, complete with cartoon pictures of a cow with a big udder and a chicken sitting on a nest.

Maybe the books didn’t show the calf that the cow gave birth to in order to start lactating, and maybe they didn’t show the farmer collecting eggs out of the hen’s nest for breakfast or sale, but at least the general idea of family farming was there.

I guess Disney and the various comics companies and software have taken over kiddie lit, and they don’t show anything about where food comes from.

Back
Top Bottom