Hatched With Leg "Deformity"

I tried to tape them like you would for splayed leg to see if that would hold them together, that didn't work. Then I tried using painters tape to hold it in a better position, that came right off. Now I have duct tape on it, and it's staying. I hate using the duct tape but it's the only thing that's worked.
I had to wrap around it like it would be when they're laying down. So far it stayed overnight! And he's hopping way better with it out of the way. It was the only position I could think of to wrap it in that would stay.
I'm just not sure how long to leave it wrapped before taking it off and checking. I hate to take it off early since duct tape hurts so much, but I don't want to leave it on too long either.
I don't think I'd leave it more than 24 hours If it were me. Soak it first and hopefully it'll come off easier. Next time I would try medical tape. If the medical tape alone didn't work, maybe at least use medical tape as a first layer as a barrier so that duct tape wouldn't be sticking to the leg itself.

I was thinking about this, and I was wondering if taping it up into a tucked position like that would work.

And I was going to suggest vet wrap then duct tape (or is it duck tape?) To make it easier to get off later.
I call it duck tape lol

I don't think there is any hope. It will become more and more pathetic as time goes on. It is not going to continue the dearly departed hen's bloodline. Do yourself a favor and euthanize it now.

Back
Top Bottom