hatcher

fowlsessed

Crowing
12 Years
Nov 16, 2011
east Tennessee
Anyone ever had hatch rates decrease when transfering eggs out of incubator and into hatcher, instead of leaving them in incubator for entire time?

Last edited:
I've always transfered by eggs to another incubator that I use for hatching. I use an automatic turner and have set eggs different days, so I need to be able to put them into lockdown at different times. I had 100% hatch rate last time on shipped eggs, so I don't think it effected anything.

That is the same thing I am planning on doing. And was just wondering about the transition, didn't think that woud be to good for the eggs. But luckily, it seems I'll be alright.
Quote:

Last edited:
Quote:

I know there are quite a few people on here to do this...just must not have seen your post! Most people take the eggs out of turner anyways, so as long as your temps and humidity are stable in your other bator, I don't see much difference!! Good luck on your hatch!!!

Have the hatcher all warmed up and up to speed before moving the eggs. Unless you are running across the yard in minus 30 degree weather, it shouldn't make any difference to the eggs. You are opening the incubator to remove the turner, any way.

I had trouble with this. My first hatch was near perfect, and incubating/hatching were done in same bator.

My 2nd and 3rd I had bought another bator to hatch in, same Genesis 1588, and both hatches have been horrible. I really would like to know where I went wrong.

Just in case, my next hatch I am leaving in the bator its already in, until I can figure what I did wrong!!!! My poor little chicks made it all the way to hatch day and died before pipping.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

It could be a temperature or humidity issue. I incubate in my cabinet incubator and hatch in my styrofoam incubators. My hatches are 100% or close. Have you calibrated your thermometers and hygrometers?

Back
Top Bottom