hatchers hatcherers..... who's expecting peeps on septembre 24th or so... :)

Sorry for the late reply.... I didn't have enternet until now... the fifth hatched and is a black one too... they're soo cute.... I will post pics.... and hope everything goes well for you American mom... and I have one with twisted side toes I think.... his side toes are twisted a bit to the inside..... he walks well but never had such thing...

Me too Majd, today ends day 20 , trying not to get my hopes up to much, there still wiggling but I know that the hard part for them is yet to come...I almost just dont want to be here

Twisted toes are fine they can get on fine you can find directions on this forum for lots of ways to fix but don't stress if its not bad they live normal life with them I have a friend with twisted toe leghorn she freeranges around fine even sits happily on perches she has not passed it on to any of her chicks. Can't wait to see your pics majd. How's the humidity americanmom is it staying stable.

Twisted toes are fine they can get on fine you can find directions on this forum for lots of ways to fix but don't stress if its not bad they live normal life with them I have a friend with twisted toe leghorn she freeranges around fine even sits happily on perches she has not passed it on to any of her chicks. Can't wait to see your pics majd. How's the humidity americanmom is it staying stable.

Does fine during the day Rachmickmurphy, its at night that it dips to the low 50's Figuring at this point its the fact that the weather is much cooler and we dont have electric heat, we use a wood stove, I'll fire it up tonight to see what happens

ITS STARTING!!!!!1
Two eggs have pipped in the last 30 min or so (at least that was the last time I checked them!!) So eggsited!!!

so glad they progressing well americanmom it shouldnt be long before they are out. this is the most critical time not to open bator you will release what humidity have if you do. your temp might fluxuate alittle once they out its not going to harm others but humidity will also go up leave them in bator to call the others out. with lower humidity they should fluff up quicker. your temps must be spot on though its 21 days isnt it?

so glad they progressing well americanmom it shouldnt be long before they are out. this is the most critical time not to open bator you will release what humidity have if you do. your temp might fluxuate alittle once they out its not going to harm others but humidity will also go up leave them in bator to call the others out. with lower humidity they should fluff up quicker. your temps must be spot on though its 21 days isnt it?

Today at 3pm marks day 21... Four have pipped and one is thru enough to start chirping... We have a space heater we use and I set that up in the room we have them to ensure the room temp didnt drop to much, woke up this morning and the humidity in the bator was 61... yeah!!!

Back
Top Bottom