Hatchery Customer Reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandhill Preservation. You have to place an order with months in advance and send it by mail. Along with your order you have to send the payment either by money order or personal check. You can't order online. Check their website frequently for updates in sold out breeds.
wink.png

1. Name of hatchery= Ideal
2. Shipping Date= 11/3/08
3. Date arrived= 11/5/08
4. Average temperature arround arrival= 60 degrees
5. Number of chickens, ducks, geese, etc bought = 6
6. Number dead at arrival= 0
7. Number dead within 2 days= 0
8. Number dead within a week= 0

I ordered 6 silkies, got them plus 9 roos for "heat"... rehomed them. The silkies were all strong and grew up without incident, but 2 had cross break. The 4 pet quality hens left are great layers and diligent mothers.

I would order from them again.

1. Name of hatchery. Mypetchicken
2. Shipping Date.June 15
3. Date arrived.June 16
4. Average temperature around arrival.100
5. Number of chickens 3 golden wyandottes
6. Number dead at arrival.0
7. Number dead within 2 days.0
8. Number dead within a week.0

I lost one to my overly playful cockerspaniel in a freak accident - coop door opened. He got to all of them but only one died. It was my fault not his.

I ordered more for delivery July 20.

My postman tried to bring them out to me - I went to the post office - not there - he finished his route and then they called me in the afternoon to go pick them up. That was a fiasco because the post office said they would not bring them to my house and my postal carrier was trying to be nice and save me a trip - We are his first stop.

1. Name of hatchery. Welp
2. Shipping Date. Feb 11th, 2009
3. Date arrived. Feb 14th, 2009
4. Average temperature arround arrival. Upper 60's here, high 30's hatchery area
5. Number of chickens, ducks, geese, etc bought. Purchased 45 chicks (baby chickens) Sent 5 extra pullets for a total of 50
6. Number dead at arrival. 7
7. Number dead within 2 days. 4
8. Number dead within a week. 2

9. Your customer review.
GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE! Despite the losses due to difficulties w/ P.O., I am very pleased with Welp Hatchery. They sent 5 extras for warmth due to very cold Temps where they shipped from in NM. They reshipped DOAs+extras and didn't add any rooster packing peanuts since none of us could keep roos. Since I didn't order online, I didn't get an email confirm when shipped, but I called and got through right away. I asked lots of questions the week before I ordered since I was new to chicks and they were always friendly and helpful. At our request they marked similar looking breeds with a dot on their heads for a small extra charge. The chickens are 20 weeks now and healthy and beautiful chickens. Out 7 people that went in on the big order with me, I have only heard one rooster ended up in the bunch. The shipping being included in the listed price of each chick made it really easy to add up each person's part of the order fairly. It was a fabulous hatchery to use for a group order for this reason alone.

Here was our pullet order:
11 Buff Orpington
5 Red Sexlink
6 barred Rock
11 Ameraucana
1 Salmon Faverolle
1 Speckled Sussex
10 Black Australorp

The Reshipment:
1. Name of hatchery. Welp
2. Shipping Date. Feb 23rd, 2009
3. Date arrived. Feb 25th, 2009
4. Average temperature arround arrival. Upper 60's
5. Number of chickens, ducks, geese, etc bought. , We were only short 8 chicks total. But they replaced all dead chicks and sent 2 extra pullets for a total of 15
6. Number dead at arrival. 0
7. Number dead within 2 days. 0
8. Number dead within a week. 0

9. Review: All healthy and strong. Great birds. I will use Welp again in the future. No roosters in this batch at 18+ weeks old. One chick was a Black Jersey Giant not in ordered breeds. Very happy with her. She is one of my friendliest chickens.

Name: Miller Hatcheries
Ship date: 25th May 2009
Received: 27th May 2009 @ agent
Temp HERE: -2C in am; nights frosty, days warm in sun
Ordered: 25, got 26
DOA: zero
Lost in 2 days: zero
Lost in a week: zero

Miller Hatcheries doesn't have a big selection, mostly hybrids, but the birds were and are healthy and strong. One looked scraggly as a chick, but she outgrew it, and I can't pick her out of the flock any more. It's now winter, but I get eggs from half the flock every day. Yay! I would be happy to do business with Miller again, but I do wish that they had heritage breeds.

Does it count if we got our chicks at the feed store via a hatchery?

If so:

1. Name of hatchery: Belt Hatchery
2. Shipping Date. June 3? Not sure.
3. Date arrived.June 4
4. Average temperature arround arrival. unknown
5. Number of chickens, ducks, geese, etc bought. They came in a box of 25, I took 4.
6. Number dead at arrival. None I saw the box delivered from the postal truck and opened. All 25 looked very active and alert.
7. Number dead within 2 days. None of mine died.
8. Number dead within a week. My four all survived, thrived and are very healthy.

9. Your customer review.

1. Name of hatchery. Ideal
2. Shipping Date. 3/10/09
3. Date arrived. 3/12/09
4. Average temperature arround arrival. 40ish??
5. Number of chickens, ducks, geese, etc bought. 12 various standard breeds and 7 RIR packing peanuts (all roos)

9. Your customer review. This was my first time ordering chickens and I was impressed. Ideal made it very easy and I enjoyed the fact you didn't have to order a min amount. We are ordering some standards and banties in the spring. So long as they carrying everything I want, at that time, I will definitely order from them again
thumbsup.gif

1. Name of hatchery. Ideal
2. Shipping Date. 10/13/09
3. Date arrived. 10/15/09
4. Average temperature arround arrival. 70ish
5. Number of chickens, ducks, geese, etc bought. 26 Bantams St Run

Review.. Ordered 12 Crele OEGB turned out to be crosses all had blue legs were supposed to be white. 9 Roosters and 3 Hens!
14 Bantam Cochins- 11 Roosters and 3 Hens! So 26 Chicks total and got 12 wrong, but total 20 Roosters and 6 Pullets for 100 dollars. Didnt seem to care when i emailed them, slow response they will never get another penny of my money!

1. Name of hatchery...Nature's Hatchery

2. Shipping Date...changed 2 times and the only reason I knew was because I called them!

3. Date arrived...then they came when I wasn't expecting them (no call or e-mail like they told me but I guess that's common?)

4. Average temperature arround arrival...I don't know but all 8 were in 1 ball. No heat pack like they promised.

5. Number of chickens, ducks, geese, etc bought...6 chicks

6. Number dead at arrival...0 and they gave me 2 extra

7. Number dead within 2 days...1

8. Number dead within a week...3

9. Your customer review...I will most likely never use them again just because I lost so many in the first week. Maybe my fault, maybe not but I won't take the chance and was not happy about no heat pack in with them. Hard to get a hold of too, I know because I called many times, had no idea when my chicks were coming!

This is a great thread! I never saw it till recently. I started a similar thread, which I will link to just so you can see the one review besides mine. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=3126844#p3126844 I am glad someone thought of this before me. I think it will be very helpful! If you want to use the list I linked to feel free. It might be a little easier to read through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom