Hatchery didn't send my birds

Dvnmills

In the Brooder
Apr 14, 2022
I got an email from metzer this morning basically just saying things didn't work out, we didn't ship your birds. We will send them in 3 weeks.

This is after an email last Friday explicitly saying I would hear from them by Wednesday if anything like this were going to happen.

I ordered and paid over a month ago, and at the time they had hundreds left. They gave me no reason at all, and frankly I don't have the brooder space to push this back 3 weeks with broilers coming just after my new date.

Anyone have any ideas what could have happened. It seems really disrespectful to me.

I got an email from metzer this morning basically just saying things didn't work out, we didn't ship your birds. We will send them in 3 weeks.

This is after an email last Friday explicitly saying I would hear from them by Wednesday if anything like this were going to happen.

I ordered and paid over a month ago, and at the time they had hundreds left. They gave me no reason at all, and frankly I don't have the brooder space to push this back 3 weeks with broilers coming just after my new date.

Anyone have any ideas what could have happened. It seems really disrespectful to me.
Welcome To BYC

The best way to get an answer about what happened it to Contact Metzer directly and ASK them instead of relying on internet speculation.
There's many reasons why a shipment may be delayed and/or canceled.

It's not fun when things don't quite work out, but when you are dealing with hatching, live birds, etc. etc. then sometimes things happen beyond our or their control.

If you are unable to take the order, then immediately contact them and cancel it.

Have you received any previous emails that could have gone to spam? What was the exact phrasing of the email?
Have you tried reaching out to them?
It's not remotely disrespectful, it sounds like are trying to make good.
What they have, are estimations, they actually don't know how many they'll have, it sounds like something ruined the hatch. And 3 weeks is when they'll have a good idea of what they'll have and have them reserved for you.

That sucks! I know this happens sometimes when hatch rates aren't what they anticipated. Metzer is a very reputable company. I'm sure they didn't intend to screw you over, but nevertheless, you have been screwed over. Be sure you call them as soon as you can to see what happened.

Welcome To BYC

The best way to get an answer about what happened it to Contact Metzer directly and ASK instead of relying on speculation.
There's many reasons why a shipment may be delayed and/or canceled.

It's not fun when things don't quite work out, but when you are dealing with hatching, live birds, etc. etc. then sometimes things happen beyond our or their control.

If you are unable to take the order, then immediately contact them and cancel it.
Yeah, I reached out to them first and haven't gotten a response. I completely agree when dealing with animals problems can arise.

What bothers me is their email states specifically that if they haven't contacted me by Wednesday assume it's shipped. Their next hatching date is on Monday. And to get a form letter that just says stuff happens they hopefully might ship out in 3 weeks, kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Thanks for the response

Back
Top Bottom