Hatching Double yolk Quail

Pics

Missykross

In the Brooder
Jan 12, 2024
Hello all. I started my double yolk in the incubator. Last I handled it was moving all around on Day 15. It's now day 19 and we have pipping! I gave it a security hole to be sure because the air sac was small. Now we have pipping and it's just wait time. How long from pipping might it hatch?

Wow, twins?! Coturnix quail? Pipping to hatch is usually 12 to 24 hours. They are busy absorbing the yolk and detaching from the inside of the shell.

I've never hatched twins, you might need to assist this hatch. Keep us posted!

Wow, twins?! Coturnix quail? Pipping to hatch is usually 12 to 24 hours. They are busy absorbing the yolk and detaching from the inside of the shell.

I've never hatched twins, you might need to assist this hatch. Keep us posted!
It's bleeding a bit do I need to help it? It pipped more and started bleeding 🥺 please help its made it this far

Here's the progress

Attachments

• 1705081282397738943376749948503.jpg
    1705081282397738943376749948503.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 25
It pipped between 3 am and 7 am ☺️ thank you for the help. It's still got a beak poking out that's making almost a breathing motion but it's doing that slower now than earlier
I'd wait yet, I don't think it's ready to hatch yet. I'd wait closer to 24 hours before starting to open the shell. It is probably still absorbing the yolk and detaching from the shell.

I have no idea what happened :( had almost full absorbed it's yolk. There was only one but it passed and stopped moving. I looked through the egg and all I could find was the second yolk was very nasty and the baby had it in its nose and mouth

Back
Top Bottom