Hatching duck eggs!!

ksandvig

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 8, 2014
Lake Stevens Wa
Soooo I have 4 Indian runner girls & a Pekin girl, my drakes are a Cuyuga & a mutt? :)
I have purchased a Farm Innovators Pro Series Circulated Air Incubator that I am hoping to hatch ducklings!! I just set the incubator up today to do a test run & make sure it holds temp ect.
I guess my question is has anyone on here used this brand/type of incubator & what did you keep your humidity levels at? For how long ect. Also the instructions say you may want to get another thermometer to make sure the ones w/ this are correct? I am wondering since there is a thermometer INSIDE the incubator do I leave that in there? So when I open the lid to check temp it will be ok?? Sorry if this sounds confusing, this is why I am doing a dry test run!! I do have a digital thermometer i put inside for a bit to check the temp, it seemed to read higher than the ones on the incubator

Totally new to this hatching thing, if it works I may do chickens eggs also, I would just like a few more ducks to add to my others!!

Any suggestions for a newbie would be great

Thanks

I am very happy to see you asking these questions and doing a test run! I am not a hatcher, but I have read numerous stories and even experienced hatchers can have problems with their equipment - sometimes due to weather patterns, or electricity outages or freak accidents.

There is a hatching forum, mostly chickens, but there could be some equipment-based information there for you. There are a couple of stickies (links in blue letters at the top of the Duck Forum index) about hatching waterfowl.

Thank you Amiga, I will check into the other forums
1f609.png

Back
Top Bottom