Hatching Eggs Early??**LOTS OF PICS**PG2 100%!!!!!!!!!!

Lanissa86

Songster
11 Years
Mar 26, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I kept hearing a peeping in the room I am incubating in...I thought to myself "well it couldn't be the eggs they are due in like 5 more days!" I am on Day 16 and one of my Welsummer Eggs is Rocking and cheeping and looks like a small white spot has appeared
barnie.gif
, which looks like a Pip!! This is WAY Too Early!! What do I do? My temps and humidity have been stable this whole incubating period! Has anyone had a chick hatch out early? How early? Did it survive??
hu.gif

Last edited:
Any chance the eggs are older? I was given eggs(my first batch) and put them in my bator and had them hatch 14 days later to 20 days later. They had just collected them, but apparently they didn't collect them all week
wink.png

Krista

Well, I candled when I first got them and they were all clear, then candled around Day 6 and saw nice veins on them all, but none that looked older, I last candled on Day 14 and the chicks took up mostly all of the Eggs, so they were too dark to see much of anything...so it sounds pretty normal right? I just checked the Egg, the chick is chipping away, the pip has grown a little more but the membrane has not been broke.

idunno.gif
how were your temps? The only other thing I can think of (and I'm no expert) is that maybe your temps were too high? Maybe someone that has a bit more experience will chime in
Good luck!
thumbsup.gif

Krista

Well the highest my temps ever reached during Incubation is 100.6 and that was for like 2-3 Days, other than that it has been staying at a steady 99.9...
idunno.gif

Ok, pip has not grown much, not sure if I am still supposed to turn the egg on regular turning schedule? I have yet to increase humidity so the membrane was looking a little dry, but the chicks beak is still moving and he/she is cheeping...so there may still be hope? The pip looks low as well, near the pointy end...may not be able to make it huh?
hu.gif
Poor baby, I just don't know what to do..I guess let nature take its course?
he.gif
Well here is
fl.gif
for the other Eggs...Ending Day 17 tonight and tomorrow I will stop turning the others and bump up the humidity... 16 Eggs, 1 pip Wish me luck

Ok, Day 18 and I stopped turning yesterday because of the pipped egg. Now it looks like All 16 Eggs are Rocking!! YAY! I really hope this hatch goes well, this is my 2nd time trying to hatch!!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom