Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did the chicken cross the road?

My wife sent me these pictures tonight after I got to work. (Night Shift)

The kids found her in the woods across the street from us. Apparently one of my pullets decided she did not like me taking her eggs every day so she moved her operation. This is my first time having a broody hatch. I'm so proud!

Love broodies and chicks!!
love.gif
How many does she have? Looks like more than a dozen
!

Thats aweful! Also part of why living on base has its perks as a military family, but I enjoy our farm space much more. Civilians dont get it and dont think to check on the family when the AD member is deployed.
Please, his darn unit has even thought to check on me either. His unit is horrible.

I just checked the weather. They are calling for 6 - 10 inches of snow tomorrow.
th.gif

I check on all my neighbors as most of them are elderly. We have about a 4 mile radius we check on. Living in the country is the BEST, but here "neighbors" are not usually "close". (But as luck would have it the one I can see HATES all form of poultry!)
We have a bucket on out tractor and I have never regretted the expense.... We offer it to anyone who wants to use it, although it is usually easier if we just go help than than give "lessons". Had a neighbor want to borrow a power saw Friday, but needed to know how to start one.... was a little worried when he left with it, but he returned unharmed.
smile.png

We have a dusting of snow this morning and are forecast for 1-3 inches.......not bad but not what I wanted to see! Good news is the warm-up that will follow this storm looks to be one that stays around....
wee.gif

I check on all my neighbors as most of them are elderly. We have about a 4 mile radius we check on. Living in the country is the BEST, but here "neighbors" are not usually "close". (But as luck would have it the one I can see HATES all form of poultry!)
We have a bucket on out tractor and I have never regretted the expense.... We offer it to anyone who wants to use it, although it is usually easier if we just go help than than give "lessons". Had a neighbor want to borrow a power saw Friday, but needed to know how to start one.... was a little worried when he left with it, but he returned unharmed.
smile.png
Want to bring that bucket around my house?
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom