Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just means I have to test fertility now. Thank goodness my styrofoam incubator is on the way. I would like to get the cabinet off for a few months.
OFF? Your incubator has that option? lol... With all your birds, I assumed you'd be running it 24/7, 365 days a year.
wink.png
I just turned my cabinet incubator on for the first time in 3 months today. A lady who lives about 10 minutes from me posted a craigslist ad for someone to hatch eggs for her. She lives in a mobile home and the temps fluctuate so much, she has not been able to hatch a single egg from her birds. They all develop almost fully and then poop out when a swing in our weather comes.
sad.png
Turns out, she is a BYCer as well. So, I met her and her son, set her eggs, and got my incubator turned back on for a set of SQ Australorp eggs I'm hoping to get from a swap this week.
big_smile.png

OFF? Your incubator has that option? lol... With all your birds, I assumed you'd be running it 24/7, 365 days a year.
wink.png
I just turned my cabinet incubator on for the first time in 3 months today. A lady who lives about 10 minutes from me posted a craigslist ad for someone to hatch eggs for her. She lives in a mobile home and the temps fluctuate so much, she has not been able to hatch a single egg from her birds. They all develop almost fully and then poop out when a swing in our weather comes.
sad.png
Turns out, she is a BYCer as well. So, I met her and her son, set her eggs, and got my incubator turned back on for a set of SQ Australorp eggs I'm hoping to get from a swap this week.
big_smile.png
There aren't many of mine that are even laying yet. The legbars get boxed up and sent out, I have to check fertility of the orps, now the polish. The silkies are still laying and quite fertile. That's it.

ok, I have a question for any of y'all with Blue Copper Marans.
I have 4 blue copper chicks, two of them have dark blue wing feathers growing in, and two have brown in their wing feathers...would the dark solid blues be pullets or will they be cockerals?
Is that how you tell the difference in sex?

Most Marans aren't sexable by feather color. Vent sexing or growing them out are the only ways to sex them to my knowledge.

Umm...please do not suggest that when it comes to a federally protected animal and on an open forum. It's not appropriate.
X2 on that, I work at a wildlife hospital and I can tell you that the day you do away with that hawk is the day you better buy a lot of freakin' mouse traps. The same thing goes for coyotes, foxes and raccoons. Don't go messing with the balance of nature or it will come back to bite you in the behind, maybe literally. Read a book by Barbara Kingsolver called Prodigal Summer, it will help you understand (and its really good).
X2 on the concept and book suggestion.
Hmmm....I can see what I can do.
wink.png
Too bad we can't do a punnet square for them on this forum, the format makes it a little difficult, but they really help you visualize what kind of birds you're going to get from which crossing.
. Do your Punnett on a Power Point slide, then save it as a picture. Then you can upload it like any picture.

tdhenson86, I think it was you who inquired about a black english cockeral I had for sale this past fall. He was listed on best farm buys. If you are still looking for Black English orps. I will be hatching in a month or so.

Last edited:
tdhenson86, I think it was you who inquired about a black english cockeral I had for sale this past fall. He was listed on best farm buys. If you are still looking for Black English orps. I will be hatching in a month or so.

Yes. That was me!!! What a small world! I had 2 lavender chicks hatch that are 50% English. So, I was going to get him if they were females. Unfortunately, they both turned out to be cockerels. So, that plan didn't work out so well.
hmm.png
When you start hatching, please let me know!!!

Hi All!

There is a local guy here that is looking for about 4 dozen Black Cooper Maran hatching eggs. Is there any one on here that is able to hook him up?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom