Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah..12 dogs, 5 cats and 5 kids. I have a BIG house..trust me. LOL
lau.gif
And 9 dogs are small.
wink.png
And my kids sweep and mop...I love giving out chores !!
lol.png

Yep, same here huge house too. But it takes me forever to clean it and keep it clean adding dogs just makes it worse. Lol.... I can't get my kids too do anything. Not even help with the outdoor animals. I do it all indoors and outdoors. *SIGH*
hmm.png

Beth's dogs are pretty small. The ones I have seen. (and very cute!)

I have three in the house, one outside. Pitbull/Boxer Mix, Shitzhu (sp), and Pekeapoo inside. GSD outside, she does come in sometimes, but she is close to 100lbs and with 6 people 3 dogs and one cat living in the house...well poor thing gets her tail stepped on sometimes.

th.gif

13 dogs

That's what is going to have to happen. Well, I actually had been feeding him in the kids bathroom to keep the baby away from him while he is eating, but I leave the door open when the baby is elsewhere preoccupied. No more open door.
I have been suiting in the bathroom with him since it happened. Slowly petting him while he eats. He does get tense. I was wondering if he was to growl at me, if I should take the food away, and continue to pet him, then give it back... Or if he growls to just keep letting him eat just ignore the growl and keep petting him?

I want to take away the food to show a growl is not acceptable, but I am worried that taking it would spark his need to protect it
Do not put your face or hands in line to be bitten if he growls. Use your leg to push him away and then put him in a down. Set a time limit, then release him. Then try again.

Do not put your face or hands in line to be bitten if he growls. Use your leg to push him away and then put him in a down. Set a time limit, then release him. Then try again.

Yep, we went through a spell with my Shar-pei when we first got her. She kept biting our kids but she was tiny just a puppy. It took me just a couple of times following her around and waiting to catch her biting the kids and then I would smack her on the mouth and tell her no and scold her. She stopped abruptly. She is a very smart dog and knows when she has done wrong if you catch her. I have no problems with her nipping at my kids anymore. And she isn't so little anymore. Lol Gotta try and nip it in the butt when they are little.

Last edited:
In addition before he even takes his first bite make him down and stay. Run your hands through his food. Only let him eat when you have given the release command. He needs to know he eats only when you are "done" and allow it.

Yep, same here huge house too. But it takes me forever to clean it and keep it clean adding dogs just makes it worse. Lol.... I can't get my kids too do anything. Not even help with the outdoor animals. I do it all indoors and outdoors. *SIGH*
hmm.png

ep.gif
My kids have a list of chores..before school and after. We get up at 5..inside animals are fed..watered..cages cleaned, floors swept, laundry started etc. . Then outside to wake the coops at 5:45. Fed, watered, cleaned as necessary. And don't miss the bus..or you stay home. Don't want to do your chores...fine. Don't turn on the TV, play a game or ask for $. Works like a charm. Strict..You bet !! But they want this and that... so take care of it or lose it.
I take care of all outside chores in the AM on weekends, school vacations and most days in the summer. If they are up, they come help. You know ..they peek out the window and hop back in bed.
lau.gif
That is ok.
love.gif

ep.gif
My kids have a list of chores..before school and after. We get up at 5..inside animals are fed..watered..cages cleaned, floors swept, laundry started etc. . Then outside to wake the coops at 5:45. Fed, watered, cleaned as necessary. And don't miss the bus..or you stay home. Don't want to do your chores...fine. Don't turn on the TV, play a game or ask for $. Works like a charm. Strict..You bet !! But they want this and that... so take care of it or lose it.
I take care of all outside chores in the AM on weekends, school vacations and most days in the summer. If they are up, they come help. You know ..they peek out the window and hop back in bed.
lau.gif
That is ok.
love.gif

I do the same but, it doesn't phase them.
hmm.png
Plus hubby doesn't help, I will ground them for not helping then if I leave he lets them do it.
smack.gif
Not helpful at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom