Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my first SFH egg today... there is some excitement!

woot.gif

Cell phone pics and upload
hmm.png
The Bo's coop has a four inch strip across the top front for ventilation. We then took a strip of sheet metal and bent it down in front of it as a wind, rain, and snow block, but it's still fully open. It's not as pretty as the layer coop (Coop For Wayward Chickens is its name, which is an inside joke between DH and I), but we can make four Box Coops for the price of the layer coop. We plan to build one more...

Nice job on the coops!!

Once again, I'm skipping ahead 2,700 posts
hmm.png
I just wanted to share a picture of the call duck I just hatched
love.gif

AHHHH.... cute!!! someday we will have ducks ( I hope)

Sorry to hear about your dog, sah... my parents had a rottie that died last year when he was 12!!! He was OLD, poor guy, but he was the best dang dog ever, up to the end....
hugs.gif
hope you find him soon!!

Clucki.... LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics of the birds!!

Forgot to mention, I got Dubia Roaches yesterday at our chickenstock!!!!! Madam I need tips on raising them please=)

Late season colds are the worst! I used to get sick every year about this time and would stay sick for an easy month and a half. Now that I'm not around a lot of people I don't catch things very often. Makes life much easier.

normally I'm pretty healthy but the roof at my store is leaking so I'm damp and cold for 5 hours 5 days a week.
:(
Not cool

woot.gif

Nice job on the coops!!

AHHHH.... cute!!! someday we will have ducks ( I hope)

Sorry to hear about your dog, sah... my parents had a rottie that died last year when he was 12!!! He was OLD, poor guy, but he was the best dang dog ever, up to the end....
hugs.gif
hope you find him soon!!

Clucki.... LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics of the birds!!

Forgot to mention, I got Dubia Roaches yesterday at our chickenstock!!!!! Madam I need tips on raising them please=)
Congrats. They are super easy to raise. Get a tote with high sides, cut out a hole on one side of the lid and hot glue screen over it. This is for ventilation. Find some egg flat cartons and set them on their ends inside the tote. This is where the roaches will hide out. Keep them warm, feed them and water them. For food I use cheap dry cat food and cheap cereal. For water, I use water crystals but you can also use potatoes, carrots, apples. Just make sure to change out the water food often so it doesn't rot.

Good morning, didn't get as much done as I wanted to this weekend but we did get several birds shuffled and some new brooders up and going, got to put doors on 2 more tonight. We moved 60 GFF chicks out of the house j means no chicks in the house. Sold six hens this weekend, two Roosters, eleven chicks. Its been a slow year so that was a good weekend.

Morning all................

Got the plucker all done, what a gem it is, even plucking a duck in less than a minute. Ordered a scalder on Friday so when it arrives we will be able to get a large group processed.

SAH so sorry about your dog. Does he have a collar and his dog tags on, at least dog tags gives animal control a way to trace where he belongs.

The question isn't honesty. Honesty is good! It was just the information was confusing. So people will ask questions.

Trust me I'm used to it. I get to explain showgirls to people.. Male anatomy chickens named after Vegas!
Quote: I dont thin anyone faults you for your honesty. It was the lines you listed with the combination of only 70% leg feathering.

Then again when it comes to Marans, EVERYONE says they have those lines. What in reality they have is off spring related to those lines, but not truely from them. It would be like buying goslings from neighbor X down the road who got them Betty Sue who bought from a guy who got his first birds from Holderread waterfowl. Your goslings are not from HWF because you did not buy them directly. They are related to HWF stock 3 times removed. We have3 adult geese directly from HWF and their goslings produced are 1 time removed 1/2 hwf stock. People should be proud of their breeding and not try and list lines unless they got stock directly from the line.

Gah! It's Monday!!! Good morning, everybody :) Chickies all fed and watered and I'm having tea before jumping in the shower and running errands, bleah. Daloorashens and allsummedup, thank you for the nice comments! I am finally getting a handful of my birds to where I want them to be. It's been kind of a long shake-down process -- I keep buying, hatching, and raising birds, realizing they're not something I want to breed and offer, and selling them off, lol! So I'm only just starting to have some I'm pretty sure I want to keep. My first-year basques are decidedly a varied crew, with some from msztre, some from pastrymama, some direct from Skyline, and both Skyline and GFF second-gen chicks from other sources as well. Right now I'm up to 24 (I think? I might be forgetting a few) of assorted ages -- I'm in the process of growing them all out, then I'll select out the ones I want to use for breeders. I have one trio who are definite keepers, which is good since they'll probably be laying first :)

I know some people can assess birds when they're younger. I can't, really -- I'm just not experienced enough -- so except for obvious defects or a general lack of vigor/hardiness, I really have to wait till they're pretty well grown before evaluating a bird for breeding purposes.

Well, my roitweiller is missing.
hit.gif
hit.gif

I noticed he was missing yesterday around noon, figured he'd come back by nightfall, but he didn't. I went around to all my neighbors (about 15 on the 400 acre block) plus the little house development down the road. Handed out flyers but no sign of him.

I keep thinking I hear his tags, or seeing him out of the corner of my eye. My husband, who has no tact, told me to stop worrying, cuz he's gone. Now, I know he's upset, that was his buddy.
give him some time to come back... have you checked with the local humaine organizations? someone might have turned him in...
The box coop:

Mini coop (not new but here it is):

And the layer coop, also not new:

And me:

you are so adorable with your green hands! I love seeing people's coops. it is great to get ideas and just nice to get more of an idea of who people are and stuff.
Good Morning, Happy Chicken People!
Good Morning!!!!

The question isn't honesty. Honesty is good! It was just the information was confusing. So people will ask questions.

Trust me I'm used to it. I get to explain showgirls to people.. Male anatomy chickens named after Vegas!
yeah it was late, Im sure I was thinking more into it then I should have. I just couldn't understand why I was being questioned about my percentage of feathered legs when I was honest & even let people know I do have that odd gene in there that troughs salmons, Of course all of the salmons always hatch with feathered legs. Dont ask me why but they do. But hopefully wont have to worry about that much longer. All I can say is my experience with my own birds and all the several hunder other eggs that I hatched from others. That my experience has been very different then theres, I guess Im just unlucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom