Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been meaning to ask this. How do you calculate protein? Right now I'm feeding 24% but will be dropping it down to 20% plus the game bird feed. For future reference, how do I calculate the protein when I mix the 2 together?

I've been meaning to ask this. How do you calculate protein? Right now I'm feeding 24% but will be dropping it down to 20% plus the game bird feed. For future reference, how do I calculate the protein when I mix the 2 together?
I use this calculator- http://www.metzerfarms.com/FeedConversion.cfm or this https://homesteadapps.com/app/free/feedcalc/pearsonsquare.php
It also has the protein percentages for some grains, which come in handy since I generally feed gamebird feed and grains (corn, oats, and trying to find wheat at a decent price).

Sent to:​
Crystal Rogers (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Email:​
[email protected]
Amount sent: -$17.00 USD
Fee amount: $0.00 USD
Net amount: -$17.00 USD​

Date:​
May 6, 2013
Time:​
13:55:01 PDT
Completed​
(Unique Transaction ID # 6LK5599150156221A)

Thats wierd not all that I copied from paypal came through. I will go log back in to get more info. that I tried to copy and past here so I could get cleared. Anything else I need to add to be cleared or just have to wait for other person to verify?

Last edited:
OK for people smarter than me I realize a Rhode Island Red Roo over a WhIte Rock hen is a sex link but what color are the Cockerels and what color for pullets. Trying to figure me a cheap sex link for next year or something I can easily sex at hatch to seperate for pullet sales. We get more and more people looking for cheap chicks ($4-6) or even older juvies for ($10-20) and I don't want to sell Rhodebars or CCL or Bielefelders for any where near those prices! So anyone with ideas, would love to use something I have hanging around the barn.

Easy method, if you're doing half and half -- split the difference. If you're using half 24% protein and half 16% layer mash, the result will be 20% protein. If you're using half 24% and half 20%, the result will be 22%.

If you're doing 2/3 and 1/3, then divide the difference between them by 3. So 2/3 22%, 1/3 16%, difference between them is six, 2/3 of which is four, add to the 16% = 20% protein mix. Fun with fractions, yay! If you're doing it the other way round, 2/3 16% and 1/3 22%, the result would be 18% mix.

OK for people smarter than me I realize a Rhode Island Red Roo over a WhIte Rock hen is a sex link but what color are the Cockerels and what color for pullets. Trying to figure me a cheap sex link for next year or something I can easily sex at hatch to seperate for pullet sales. We get more and more people looking for cheap chicks ($4-6) or even older juvies for ($10-20) and I don't want to sell Rhodebars or CCL or Bielefelders for any where near those prices! So anyone with ideas, would love to use something I have hanging around the barn.

Pullets will be reddish, cockerels whiteish.
Good info here with sex link chart: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/261208/sex-linked-information

ooohhh I have turkey eggs at the PO and my new egg stamp too!!!
Oh look who's turning into a turkeyaholic! And you know she doesn't even realize she whistle answers her poults anymore I would bet.
1f602.png
:fl I pray you find him soon.
fl.gif
DH and DD are on the way home from the vet's office about now. They took our 11 YO lab in to be euthanized.
hit.gif
DH brought her in about 3 weeks ago because she was getting thin and they discovered she had whipworm. They gave us Trifexis for her. I should have done more research before we gave it to her, because it has a very bad record from what I have found. She started to go downhill right after the first dose. Last week DH took her back to the vet and they found she has congestive heart failure. They put her on Lasix, but it didn't help. I blame the Trifexis. While it may seem a coincidence in an 11 YO lab, ironically she had been to the vet 2 weeks before the Trifexis because of a cough and they said at that time her heart was fine. Even the vet was surprised that she had CHF after he had just checked her heart. I will never again give a dog Trifexis.
1f62d.png
Im so sorry to hear that. And the retail of you guys too. Loosing a pet is always so hard, but worse when you feel like it could have been prevented.
:hugs Sorry for your loss. I just put my tiny Chihuahua down on Friday with CHF. Had to put my horse down in Feb, and my cat died suddenly on Christmas morning. I have had enough heartbreak for this year. :( Now I have a dang fox, eating my Guineas one by one. :mad: :hit
I think you've had enough loss for quite some time. Sending positive thoughts your way. On another note Eva, my BBW, is broody. We've let her have a few eggs but she's so chesty that she now has dried egg all over her chest with egg shells stuck like pasties. My son finally figured out a way for her to sit her eggs. He gave her goose eggs! So far so good. Yeah! Not too sure what we are going to do for her to raise babies, but we have one step finally figured out. Also I sent midget eggs off to mr Heinz for some side swapping. Tracking number is 13103060000047684014 My last poult from this hatch is out so time to clean, sanitize, move eggs and lockdown. Cause its more turkeys! I love turkeys! Especially mine!

red sexlink roos will be white as an adult with maybe some red....black sexlink roos will be barred like the mother, they are actually quite beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom