Hatching Shipped eggs in a NR360?

A good friend of mine swears by the NR360. She has shipped multiple clutches of bantam cochins and there was an amazing hatch rate. She told me that she usually lets the eggs sit for at least 24 hours after you get them, then you can put them in with the turner.

I haven’t hatched any chicks (yet), but I was inquiring about the best incubators and how to properly hatch shipped eggs from this friend.

I am currently using a farm innovators, but my favorite was a little giant, (both foam,) but the LG had air, and turner, I could put eggs in then walk away until until day 18, then I would move them to the FI to hatch, and start a new batch in the LG. Or if I did want to stagger hatch, I could heat them up in my FI for a day then put them in the LG.
(I never add cold eggs to incubator with heated eggs.)
I ended up selling my LG, because it was too easy to hatch in it, but I kept my FI, thinking it would slow me down. It has not. But now it is getting cold out. I have to use that as an indicator to slow me...(my last hatch will be Oct. 16th...I swear!)

I have the NR360 and it worked great for my own eggs. So I've used it and it works. I have a Brinsea Ovation 56 EX as well its more a rocking the eggs back and forth turner that I'm going to try as well. Was just wondering if I would need to do something special to set shipped eggs in the NR360.

Thank you guys for your input!🥰

Got my first order of eggs in! None are broken and they look good. I'll have to wait till next Tuesday or Wednesday to set for the Halloween hatch. Will that cause issues or is that OK?

P.S. I'm also waiting on other eggs to get in.

I won't be able to start them till Friday or Saturday.

That's good to know. I'm going to test the ovation and on the other eggs coming will go in the 360.

I might get another 360 and a couple of smaller incubators. If I start doing shipped eggs more.

Back
Top Bottom