Hatching time!-Need advice

So cute! I had terrible incubator jitters. I'm not sure if anyone mentioned that you can put a little ointment like triple anti biotic or neosporin on the membrane if it looks dry. Also make sure you humidify that room before opening the bator, you don't want to shrink wrap any chicks that have pipped by losing humidity quickly. I use a plug in element and a pot of boiling water once the room reaches the same or higher humidity that is in the bator I open it if absolutely necessary to help. Good luck!!!!

So cute! I had terrible incubator jitters. I'm not sure if anyone mentioned that you can put a little ointment like triple anti biotic or neosporin on the membrane if it looks dry. Also make sure you humidify that room before opening the bator, you don't want to shrink wrap any chicks that have pipped by losing humidity quickly. I use a plug in element and a pot of boiling water once the room reaches the same or higher humidity that is in the bator I open it if absolutely necessary to help. Good luck!!!!

Oh that is a great idea! I'm worried I may need to open at some point to add more sponges. Thanks for the tip!

And congrats ducklvr! So glad you got your chicken baby :)

Baby chicken number one made it! I see no other pips, so we'll see what happens with the rest of them.
Thanks for all the help and support!
Congrats! It is cute.
love.gif
I hope it has some company in there soon!

We have one more peeping pip. No nothing on the others, but I'll give them about 4 more days.

Back
Top Bottom