Hatching!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes most of the veins had gone, I assumed it was because it had died.
There is a lot I don't understand about the yolk process, but it's been my experience that when the veins are gone and the yolk is still that big that there is something wrong with them.

You might find some helpful info here:
yolk_disorders.JPG

Wow so interesting, so I'm guessing it was my high humidity and low temperatures. Shoot myself in the foot
That would be my guess, but I am far from being an expert. :hugs Sometimes you're darned if you do and darned if you don't. The first time I saw the bruises I ignored them, none pipped externally and they all died, so now I pip externally for them when I see a round bruise at the small end or the wrong side and the majority are ready to hatch in 48-72 hours after that. I still do lose some, but not enough for me to change what I do.

I woke up to the duckling out of the shell, I pulled him out to see how his belly looked. And his yolk sack has some left that has shriveled up like a rasin. I watched a video on YouTube where a man left a chicks yolk sac like this for a week then trimmed it off. Is this what I'm going to need to do?

Back
Top Bottom