Have I become a crazy chicken-lady?

lesliedow

Songster
10 Years
Aug 13, 2012
Rock Island County, Illinois
I dunno. I think it may have happened. I looooove my chickens. I Ioooove your chickens...I love them all!

I find myself scouring YouTube for chicken videos (Chickens of Fire is definitely my fav). I post hilarious chicken anecdotes to FaceBook...my friends reply..."***, Dude?" But I love my chickens. Hey, they post political stuff, and I think my chickens are far better than politics!

I love seeing Peregrin Chicken roost, falcon-like on my son's shoulder. (I swear she is really a hawk).

I love the silly pecking and posturing of Chick C-sub-A and Chick C-sub-B. (fingers crossed that C-sub-A is not a roo!)

I love watching Little Red, Angry Black, and Pirate White go at the bugs that live under the leaves.

I love that Pirate White manages to get around very well, at least from her right side, with only one eye!

And most of all I love that my crazy, neurotic, rescue Cattle Dog finally has a herd! 8)

I am Chicken-Crazy, I guess its time to own it.
wink.png

Leslie

Last edited:
D.gif
I say embrace your inner crazy cookey wild chicken woman & who cares what the world thinks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We gotta love ourselfs. Plus things could be worse.... wink wink
thumbsup.gif

Chickens are funny and I love them a lot as well. I may be just as crazy as you are! I have tons of chicken-themed decor throughout the house! I have had quite a few people think I'm crazy for liking chickens as much as I do too. Just ignore them and be yourself, least that's what I do!
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Thanks for the comments! I completely adore my chickens.

I've now got them free ranging (or at least 1 acre-ranging) and they are delightful. I've deciced they are pretty smart, too. It's been much easier to train the chickens than it ever was to train the dog!

8)

leslie

Thanks for the comments! I completely adore my chickens.

I've now got them free ranging (or at least 1 acre-ranging) and they are delightful. I've deciced they are pretty smart, too. It's been much easier to train the chickens than it ever was to train the dog!

8)

leslie
I'm on my second flock and they SO different from the first flock!!! They are 10 weeks now and I let them out today for the first time and I was amazed they went back in the coop at dark. I got these girls at two weeks, there is a big differance when you get your chicks!!!!! I got my first flock at 1 day and they were so laid back. Just followed me around, these new girls are like the sky is falling every few seconds! I hpe they lay in the boxes.

I'm a crazier chicken lady than you. And I have 43,000 photos to prove it.
lau.gif

I'm the crazy Call duck lady! Just not that great with a camera, I get caught up in the moment and forget that I have one...

Back
Top Bottom