Have I been dubbed the 'Animal Martyr'? LOL

SterlingAcres

Songster
11 Years
Apr 17, 2008
Poconos, PA
Seriously... I'm beginning to wonder how people see me.
wink.png

DH and coworkers caught this little guy in a room at work and he brought it home for me to 'identify and save'...
lol.png

I'm fairly certain it's a juvenile milk snake. PA only has 3 venomous snakes and it's certainly not a copperhead or rattler, so we're good. I released it in the pasture.
2875605080_e2cb3a8673.jpg

It's the same for me! Just because I love animals and we have some property, everyone thinks I want any free animal that may come along - "Our neighbor has an old deaf, blind horse that's missing most of it's teeth and he needs a new home-do you want him?" "A co-worker has a pot-bellied pig that's rooting up her yard - do you want him?"
lol.png
I have to admit, sometimes I do take them (not those two!), so I guess I deserve their questions
roll.png
Nice job on the snakey save - it's a cutie. Hope it's happy where you've loosed it and doesn't return for snacks!
Liz

lol.png
Oh gosh, even my parents have done that. "Hey, now that you have land, do you want some rabbits, pigs or beef cows? Our friends... yadda yadda yadda."... Really?! No, I don't want them. LOL I'd have to clear my land!

Quote:
Pennsylvania has 18 native snake species. 3 are poisonous. This little guy was found inside one of the silos at DH's job. I looked through all the online photos I could find. It was either a rat snake or a milk snake.

Or am I wrong?

Back
Top Bottom