Have you ever had one of those days . . . .

My birds know the treats come from me too ! That is really funny. . . They hear my voice and come a runing.

I decided to fence off part of their free range area and seed it with Rye grass. I used that orange netting, that they use at construction sites and road side work, to fence off the area. Then I seeded the area. I have spent the next 3 days remove naughty little birds who insist on flying over or digging under the fence to eat the grass seed !

Crazy birds. I am glad I bought the cheap grass seed !

Quote:
I've got multicolored zip ties ready and waiting. . . . little pink ones, little green ones, little blue ones, little white and black ones.
I am ready to do the marking. I'll make a trip to the dollar store tomorrow and see what I can find . . .

Do you know which dollar stores ie Dollar tree, Everything for a Dollar, etc. ? ?

the one we use is caled "only a dollar" i would imagine most have the same stock??? sounds like you are not going to get much sleep the next couple days (or nights ;-)

Phew! I never realized what a big part of my day keeping up with certain threads was. I'm all confused about what to do with my free time now. Glad to see you guys are still here chatting away so I can continue to lurk & learn!

Quote:
It got it girl!

I just can not do the other postings. . . .
I live and die (almost) by that thread. I NEVER get nasty with anybody and learn so much.
I have been off the thread for a week now - - but I check it at least twice a day (even if I don't post).

I knew nothing about birds a year ago and I have come so far in that time. Mostly due to the knowledge I have gained through the thread.

I hope they finish reviewing it and cleaning it up soon and open it back up to the BYC members.

Quote:
It got it girl!

I just can not do the other postings. . . .
I live and die (almost) by that thread. I NEVER get nasty with anybody and learn so much.
I have been off the thread for a week now - - but I check it at least twice a day (even if I don't post).

I knew nothing about birds a year ago and I have come so far in that time. Mostly due to the knowledge I have gained through the thread.

I hope they finish reviewing it and cleaning it up soon and open it back up to the BYC members.

Broaden your horizons. Drill a sunroof in the rock you live under. Random Ramblings is quite often alot of fun.

Quote:
I have been waking up at 2 and 5 every morning. No alarm clock, just wake up on my own. WHAT FOR - - the first thought in my head is "gotta go turn the eggs" and "wonder what the humidty is at". How crazzy is that? ? It is like I am with newborns again ( mone were premies and had to be woken up every couple of hours to eat cause they were so tiny!)

Still locked out of our thread
sad.png

I've got to do some things this morning and hope by lunch time to check in on the thread . . .
hu.gif

Bleh. Still nothing.
he.gif
Math, I can sympathize with waking up at odd hours...I'm a few weeks from my due date and it drives me crazy that I can't get sleep while it is an option! I'm kind of couch and bed bound for the most part these days so my computer and books are my only constant source of entertainment (which makes the thread loss sting even more). Debiraymond I love Random Ramblings but it seems like things are more likely to go South here than anywhere else.

I have also learned so much from BYC and from the breed thread in particular. I grew up on a farm and have had chickens before but it has only been recently that I got into genetics and the desire to breed towards better birds. I had no idea how much more complicated chickens were than bigger animals! I know I still have a lot to learn...I suppose even the experts learn new things fairly often...but I'm a lot more confident in my ability to analyze birds now. I like to check out the birds they sell on Craigslist and even the breeding stock a lot of people have posted on their websites. I feel awfully clever when I recognize a fault I've learned from obsessively following the thread! I can't wait for Spring when I'll be back on my feet and outdoors again. I've got the all clear from DH to order BCM chicks from a breeder then, too, so I'm super excited! Until then I have my one BCM with the toe disqualification. I don't know if it is typical of the breed or because she hatched out the day before her hatchmates (who were all Buff Orps) but she is the most personable chick I've ever owned. When I put my hand in the brooder she runs to it, hops on, and expects to be petted and fussed over. I'm hoping she doesn't turn out to be a he...but if so I've already decided he will be in charge of my laying flock. I love that little ball of fluff!

Criskim,

I have a hen like that - - she is a keeper because of that wonderful trusting attitude. Absolutely no way is she going anywhere!

The thread is open again - - so you can quit jonesing.

I had my children 6 weeks early - - so I know all about that confined bed rest thing. It sucks.

I am off to take a nap before the children get home from school.

ttyl

Back
Top Bottom