Have you ever had one of those days . . . .

Quote:
I have another cooler and we are using christmas lights as our heat source. Dh has some electronic fancy thermostat that control the voltage going to the 1st cooler to keep the temp within 1 degree of 99 F. He doesn't have a second fancy thermostat - - so I don't know how we would control the temperature in the second one accurately !

I am open to suggestions. Our city is having their chicken swap this weekend - - what are the odds that I would get lucky and somebody would be selling a used incubator - CHEAP ? ?

I don't have fancy things so I just used a outside thermometer. Worked just as well. I have had very good hatches. This last batch was a small one but I got 5 out of the 6 eggs. Not bad.

OMG we are talking about CHICKENS???
lol.png

It seems I thought some of my girls were beyond laying age and lo and behold we installed nesting boxes and made a door for the hen house and now I am getting 30 eggs a day. Stupid ravens.

I would list my breed but I have too many.

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about...

I think maybe she had dialup or something that was too slow and timed out on the post. Not sure.

Debbi - - It is my Bday today !

Pw-quiltworks - - so you have some BC M_ _ _ _ _ S too. Guess you won't be visiting that thread tonight either !
That is an interesting mix BC and silkies.

Debbi - - That is too funny with the crowing. My Dd offended our roo today and he wouldn't come to me while she was around. . . Poor baby. He normally follows me in a heart beat. He is the first one to come when I call! Not tonight though. Dd upset his routine so much he was all beside himself.

I adore that boy, but I am going to have to get a new roo. He has white at the base of his hackle feathers. I think it is a fault not a DQ. I am talking to Keara about getting some eggs that her roo sired. I think he would be good for my flock. I hope I get a few chicks without white issues from the sweet boy that I have now. . . . I would have to ask Don what the stats are, if it is possible to get one of two birds without white feather issues if one of the parents had white feather issues.

My other two BC still have not started to lay yet. . . I really believe these girls have never been really laying.

Well hello redhen ! Nice to see you visit us tonight.

To clarify things - - - I have gotten locked out of the marans thread TWICE tonight - - just before I hit the post button on two long posts.

Quote:
OOOOOh, i see now...
For a sec i thought you'd gone off yur rocker...
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom