Have you ever had one of those days . . . .

Quote:
Thank you pw_quiltworks. My normal "breed" thread has been shut down twice tonight so I am jones just to chat.
What breeds do you have ? ?

I have 5 Black copper marans one cockerel four pullets , 3 white silkies a roo and two hens, 1 black jersey giant hen and one buff orpington hen.

Hi MA!

You could always put the chooks in the gazebo till hubby finishes the new coop!
lol.png

Quote:
Another incubator would be great ! LOCKDOWN is in 3 days
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
, so I think that ship has sailed
hit.gif

Dh did not really think this thru - -- I TOLD HIM 3 dozen Eggs ! I don't know why he was NOT LISTENING. The day I went to get the eggs - - he was having a heart attack about the quantity
idunno.gif

Quote:
Do you think just plain chicken wire would work ? ?

I would think so as long as the cat cannot reach down through it and hook them. Maybe secure it with something. Cats are clever. I have two cats. They fear the chickens because the chickens will chase them. Funny to watch. I had some red star hens once and they were mean to our Molly cat. The new cat has been attacked by my little silkie hen. It was soooo funny to see that little ball of white chasing the big white cat.

Quote:
My cat has always avoid the chicks - - - I think because they SMELL. . . However, I think 24 - 26 chicks might be to big of a temptation !
We've got some plastic vice grips that I think we could hold the wichken wire down with OR bungie cords . .
idunno.gif

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif

My Dh says he wants to talk to you Dh !
gig.gif
gig.gif

I think the chicks will be POL before Dh finishes the Gazebo
hide.gif

Ha Ha! I am DH free! No one to rein me in back to sanity here!
gig.gif
I'm in the same boat right now, and waiting on the builders to get off the job they're on to remodel my shed into a coop. I've got five 7 week old chicks in the shop room of the house! And two of them are CROWING!!!
lau.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Another incubator would be great ! LOCKDOWN is in 3 days
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
, so I think that ship has sailed
hit.gif

Dh did not really think this thru - -- I TOLD HIM 3 dozen Eggs ! I don't know why he was NOT LISTENING. The day I went to get the eggs - - he was having a heart attack about the quantity
idunno.gif

If you had another bator you could move the eggs to the new one or some of the eggs you wanted separated. Doesn't have to be something that costs an arm and a leg. I have seen some simple home made ones on here. As long as it's the right temp you would be all set. I have run two at the end of the hatch. Here's why. I had bought two sets of eggs from two different people at a week apart. I know the first hatch would need to be away from the turner so I made a makeshift bator for the first set and kept the second set in the bator with the egg turner. Does that make sense? Only takes a few hours or less to figure out a makeshift bator. A cooler, a source of heat and humidity and maybe a little prayer.

Back
Top Bottom