Have you ever had one of those days . . . .

closed 2 (TWO) marans Threads tonight!!!!! ouch!
Math Ace..you can buy those little wire baskets at the dollar store they work great for hatching....
or sit by the bator and buy velcro strips and snip of little pieces and everytime one hatches put a piece of velcro on its leg with a number
lau.gif
couple days and you would be all set ;-)

Last edited:
Quote:
I am not supposed to do this but I will hint at maybe reading it. If you so desire. Some people live for conflict.

Yeap. Thanks.

NOPE, my rocker works just great !

I was looking to post on some other threads - - -but I just can not do another

1.) What gender is it ? ?

2.) How do I worm my chickens ? ?

3.) Which hatchery is the best ? ?

So, I decided to just start a thread and hopefully chat with some fellow MATURE BYC members. In other words, I can not do the game postings either !

Last edited:
Ok so if we NOW stop talking about closed threads THIS one may survive. Save me from myself please.

I do have a goofy looking silkie mix rooster in a cage in my garage that needs a home. Anyone here in SoCal?

Quote:
I've got multicolored zip ties ready and waiting. . . . little pink ones, little green ones, little blue ones, little white and black ones.
I am ready to do the marking. I'll make a trip to the dollar store tomorrow and see what I can find . . .

Do you know which dollar stores ie Dollar tree, Everything for a Dollar, etc. ? ?

Quote:
The only slackers I have are two marans. My birds are less than a year old, though. .

So, your girls went on strike until you provided them with upgraded accomodations ? ? SMART HENS !

Quote:
How do you control the temperature ? ? How do you get it to hold constant at 99 - 100 F ? ?

I used a night light in a cooler and put it in the cellar where the temp did not go up or down much. Our cellar stays at about 60. That way I managed to keep it around 100 f.

Quote:
The only slackers I have are two marans. My birds are less than a year old, though. .

So, your girls went on strike until you provided them with upgraded accomodations ? ? SMART HENS !

No, the ravens were taking all the eggs!!! Now they can't. My birds are smart though. They know that Ken feeds them, but they also know it is ME that brings them treats.

Back
Top Bottom