Have you heard of this

suzeqf

Songster
8 Years
Mar 17, 2011
I was at Buchiets last night picking up a few replacement chicks, and the boy there said that he can tell boys from girls and that he's got 100 and only has 20 roos he said he lays them on his back in his hand and if they pull their legs up they are girls and if they straighten out they are girls so we picked 6 "girls' using his technique and when i got home i tried it out on known girls and they all pulled their legs up and i did it on one of my roos and he straightend his out, so we'll see if he was right

Hang on....re-read your post and make sure you typed it correctly.

If they pull their legs close, they're girls and if the straighten their legs out they are girls?

I have heard something like this spoken at my feed store....I tend to think it's not true, but others may have different input.

Good luck! I hope you get exactly what you're looking for!

i did typo it's supposed to be if they straighten them out they are boys

thumbsup.gif

Either way...I hope you get exactly what you want. It will be interesting to see what others' experiences have been with this!

PS you can go back into your original post and fix it if you want
cool.png

I'm at work doing this so it's faster to reply, the ones I used his technique on were a few banty polishes so I'll have to post the results when I know for certain according to Austin they all should be girls

Well my chicks are not too happy with me for trying this out. They all pulled the legs up even the known boys and a few of them had one pulled up and one out straight...fun to try though!

Back
Top Bottom