Have you heard, roosters are not chickens

Not a joke, unfortunately. They are usually grossly misinformed (aka DUMB!) or deliberately misleading. I think dumb applies to the chicken hour! Were it not for the powerful signal and large listenership......

Stevie, a word of caution to your mom - the amount of untruths portrayed as fact on that station is egregious at best. Having worked for a couple of decades on the state scene in Trenton, I can tell you that that truth is not what they are about. For example (and this is just one example of countless examples), last fall they ran a huge misinformation campaign about the open space ballot question - lies upon lies - they literally dispensed factual untruths one after another- unfortunately a lot of their listeners bought what they said hook, line and sinker. When those of us who knew reality tried to get through to talk on air, they screened us out - wouldn't let anyone with the facts on air. They controlled completely the information that got out there and only let callers on who agreed with them and who were equally misinformed.

People often take what they hear through the media as fact and place trust in it - if only the trust were not misplaced.

JJ

Last edited:
This reminds me of the Seinfield ep where George's father was going on a rant about what a chicken, hen and rooster were and who has sex with who. I've also heard this point of view that chicken=the bird everyone eats and rooster=a chicken like bird. Even heard people think cornish hens are another species as well as gamecocks. Too much misinformation spreads around and faster than solid facts.

Ugh, good old NJ radio stations. I'm always amazed when I go into other states and the quality of the radio stations are so much better than our own! I thought it was bad in North Jersey, but the ones down here are pretty bad too! (Don't let my friend hear! He has a friday night radio show on 91.7 WLFR. LOL, he would kill me if he heard me say that! One time his partner couldn't make the show so I filled in. We had a great time, but I assure you we didn't give out any false facts!)

hu.gif
So what are they saying? It's okay to eat girls and not boys?!?! Just kidding! Only and idiot wouldn't notice that there are not a huge influx of roosters in this world.
lol.png
Where do they think they go??? I already have one roo with stew-pot as his middle name!

Ok, I emailed them. I couldn't find a polite way to say "idiot", so i just typed it on in.

Another reason to NOT believe everything you hear!
th.gif

Edited to add: Since I'm in a foul (no, not fowl... just foul) mood, this is what I wrote.
cool.png

Unfortunately, I can't think of a clever way to call the person responsible for the "chicken" comments an idiot. Roosters ARE NOT a different type of animal. Roosters are male and hens are females. It doesn't get much simpler than that!
By the way, don't think for a second that what you buy in the grocery store isn't a rooster, because more than likely, it is.
Get your facts straight before you blab it all over the radio!

Last edited:
My sons friends argued with him about that very fact. A rooster is not a chicken. It took my hubby and I half and hour and showing him proof on-line to convince him that he was right and they were wrong. Then a teacher over heard him explaining the facts to his buddy and told my son he was mistaken. Roosters are not chickens! Its maddness I tell you!! PS I think I will email that station too! Maybe thats where this teacher got her info!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom